A Note From the Editors
- Bibliography. // Triathlete's Edge;2003, p195
A list of reference materials related to athletic training is presented including "Muscle Mechanics," by Everett Aaberg, "Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning," 2nd edition, by Thomas R. Baechle and Roger Earle, and "Run With the Best," by Tony Benson and Irv Ray.
- References. // Path to Athletic Power;2004, p313
A list of articles related to power sports training is presented.
- Bibliographic listings. // Palaestra;Spring95, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p55
Lists books on sport, physical education and recreation for persons with disabilities. Includes `Directory of Grants for Organizations Serving People with Disabilities'; `Hooked on Fitness! Fun Physical Conditioning Games & Activities for Grades K-8,' by J.C. Harrison; `Discipline in the...
- Teaching gym. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p315
Introduces the booklet `Looking into PE,' from the Royal National Institute for the Blind. Focus on integrating visually impaired children in physical education (PE); Contact information.
- Documentary Analysis of Survey Research in Adapted Physical Activity: 1984-1998. Porretta, David L.; Kozub, Francis M.; Lisboa, Fabio L. // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Jul2000, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p286
Articles related to adapted physical activity appearing in professional journals (1984-1998) were analyzed. Of the 111 articles reviewed, 30 (27%), 39 (35%), and 42 (38%) were published during the 1984-1988, 1989-1993, and 1994-1998 time periods, respectively. Two thirds of the studies concerned...
- Scholarly Productivity in Adapted Physical Activity in Pedagogy: A Bibliometric Analysis. O'Connor, John; French, Ron; Sherrill, Claudine; Babcock, Garth // Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly;Oct2001, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p434
The purpose was to determine whether publications pertaining to adapted physical activity (APA) pedagogy in the core serials from 1988 to 1998 adhere to library science laws. A bibliometric analysis was conducted on 770 articles in 259 serials selected from 4,130 serials initially identified in...
- Sport and Social Stratification, 1976-1983. // Sociology of Sport Journal;1984, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p201
The article presents a bibliography on sociology and socio-psychological aspects of sports or leisure during the period 1976-1983. Some of the papers included are: "Leisure and Class in Victorian England: Rational Recreation and the Contest for Control," by Peter Bailey; "Sport and Public...
- ANNOTATED BIBLIOGRAPHY. // Sociology of Sport Journal;1991, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p391
The article presents information about several research papers related to symbolic interaction theory and sport. One of the studies was related to adult baseball camp as an emergent form of fantasy leisure. The study uses a symbolic interactionist approach to analyze these camps as an expensive...
- Conceptualization and Bibliography of Research in Teaching Physical Education based On Theses and Dissertations, 1969-1979. King, Harry A.; Baker, John A. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Fall1982, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p63
This article presents a conceptualization and bibliography of research in teaching physical education that is based on theses and dissertations. The author believes that a lack of awareness and application of research findings in teaching physical education is due to only a small amount of...