Data Collection Techniques Employed in Qualitative Research in Physical Education Teacher Education
- Pre-Service Physical Education Teacher's Perceptions of Teaching Before and After a Semester Long Elementary Physical Education Practicum Experience. Barney, David; Pleban, Frank // Physical Educator;Late Winter2006, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p46
This study investigated perceptions of teaching by four-year college pre-service teachers (N=20) before and after participation in a semester long practicum in elementary physical education classes. A survey consisting of 13 open-ended questions was prepared and administered to male (n = 11) and...
- PRÃTICAS DOCENTES NO ENSINO DO ESPORTE NA EDUCAÃ‡ÃƒO FÃSICA COMO ÃREA DE CONHECIMENTO. Duffles Teixeira, Daniel Marangon // Revista Mackenzie de Educacao Fisica e Esporte;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p187
This study aimed to understand how teachers appropriate the physical education new proposition, implemented by the Secretary of Education of Minas Gerais State, at school. The work has been supported by discussions about teaching knowledge and practices. The methodology used was Case Study...
- AVALIAÃ‡ÃƒO EM EDUCAÃ‡ÃƒO FÃSICA ESCOLAR: DA MOBILIZAÃ‡ÃƒO DOS SABERES Ã€ CONSTRUÃ‡ÃƒO DAS PRÃTICAS AVALIATIVAS PARA A INTERVENÃ‡ÃƒO PEDAGÃ“GICA. Bermudes, Roberta Folha; Ost, Mariana Afonso; da Rosa Afonso, Mariângela // Revista Mackenzie de Educacao Fisica e Esporte;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p95
The objective of the study was to investigate the building of evaluative practices, from the mobilization of knowledge on the professional way, of Physical Education teachers, finding their own "evaluative cultures". It is a descriptive case-study research where nine Physical Education teachers,...
- FEEDBACK AND FORWARD IN LEARNING PEDAGOGY. VENERA-MIHAELA, COJOCARLU // Ovidius University Annals, Series Physical Education & Sport/Sci;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p199
Experience has shown that learning pedagogy is not such an easy task for the students of Physical Education and Sports specialization who opted for teacher training. Research objectives: 1. identifying typical mistakes in solving assessment tasks; 2. presenting/analysing assessment results from...
- REFLETINDO SOBRE O ENSINO SUPERIOR: A PROPOSTA DE DOCÃŠNCIA ORIENTADA NA PERCEPÃ‡ÃƒO DOS ESTUDANTES DA LICENCIATURA EM EDUCAÃ‡ÃƒO FÃSICA. Paludett Flores, Patric; Kronbauer, Carla Prado; Balbueno Contreira, Clairton; Temp, Haury; Krug, Hugo Norberto // Revista Mackenzie de Educacao Fisica e Esporte;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p235
The objective of this investigation was to analyze the perception of Physical Education students, relative to Oriented Teaching Shared of Master students like higher education teachers. This research was characterized for being qualitative of type case study, where twenty-nine students of degree...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.
- A descriptive profile of teacher preparation practices in physical education teacher education. Strand, Bradford N. // Physical Educator;Spring92, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p104
Examines some of the common practices that colleges and universities are using in the preparation of physical education teacher education majors. Profile demographics; Coaching preparation; Skill/activity course requirements; Peer teaching; Pre-student teaching; Student teacher supervision.
- Finding more teaching opportunities for physical education teacher education. Poole, Jon R. // Physical Educator;Winter94, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p53
Describes the involvement of undergraduate sports pedagogy majors enrolled in a teaching practicum course and instructors teaching in the Basic Instructional Program (BIP). Peer teaching support; Development of teaching cases; Classroom or action research; Qualitative data collection.