A Note From the Editors
- Stampsheet problems continue. Manly, Lorne // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/1/95, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p27
Reports on the results of the Vos, Gruppo & Capell Fall 1995 Magazine Circulation survey, specifically on the stampsheet business. Fall of the stampsheet business to a record low; Decline in the volume of subscription sales for the midyear stampsheet mailings of American Family Publishers and...
- Circulation winners and losers. Case, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p30
Reports on the performance of several magazines in the United States in terms of circulation. Growth of the circulation of family/parenting, gardening and personal finance magazines; Market leaders in each category; Decline of city and regional circulation; Low market performance of sports...
- Publishers still hesitant to raise circ prices. Case, Tony // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the magazine publishers that are hesitant in building circulation prices for basic subscription rates according to the `Capell's Circulation Report'. Changes in sales of magazine publishers; Money losses on direct mailing; Direct-mail campaigns of magazines; Average costs of...
- Circulation turbulence. Beam, Cris // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/97, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p43
Presents a survey on consumer circulation trends of periodical publications in the United States. Challenges of circulation departments on newsstand sales; Approaches for solving problems on circulation; Use of premiums in magazine publications; Components of direct-mail control package in...
- Renew 'em like you sell 'em. Sittenfeld, Gene // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p37
Focuses on the renewing of magazine subscriptions. Suggestion that renewals should be done with the same techniques that first got the sale; Listing of tips, techniques and types of subscribers that should be considered when attempting to get renewal subscriptions.
- Missed your ratebase? Congratulations! Borst, Tim // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;8/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p39
Opinion. Presents the author's views on periodical circulation, focusing on ratebases. How publishers view ratebase; Reference to the circulation of `Sports and Fitness' magazine; Comemgn from Greg Jones of Granite Bay Media; Statistical information on periodicals that have come close to their...
- HIGHEST CIRCULATING MAGAZINES. // B&T Weekly;2/17/2006, Vol. 56 Issue 2552, p3
A chart is presented that lists the highest circulating magazines in Australia including "New Idea," "Austar," and "TV Week."
- Contract killers. Marshall, Sharon // Marketing Week (01419285);01/29/98, Vol. 20 Issue 42, p41
Examines the credibility being gained by customer magazines as a marketing vehicle in the nineties. Details on the rewards being reaped by of companies investing in a high-quality product; Discussion on the image of the 1990's customer magazines; Details on the readership of the magazines.
- TV revolution breathes new life into listings. Cook, Richard // Campaign (UK);9/26/97 Supplement Report European, p10
Compares the market appeal and circulation of magazines to the young and affluent people of Great Britain from that of France and Germany. Deregulation of magazines; Benefits of cultural development to mass media; Overview of marketing of magazines in France.