Chapter 3. Middle School Students' Conceptions of Fitness: The Long Road to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Evaluation of a Community-based Intervention to Promote Physical Activity in Youth: Lessons From Active Winners. Pate, Russell R.; Saunders, Ruth P.; Ward, Dianne S.; Felton, Gwen; Trost, Stewart G.; Dowda, Marsha // American Journal of Health Promotion;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p171
Tests the effects of a community-based physical activity intervention in South Carolina that was designed to increase physical activity. After-school and summer physical activity programs and home, school and community components designed to increase physical activity in youth; Resource and...
- Adolescent Physical Activity Motivation: An Impression Management Perspective. // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Jun2001 Supplement, Vol. 23 Issue 2, pS21
Presents an abstract of the study 'Adolescent Physical Activity Motivation: An Impression Management Perspective,' by M.E. Etzbach and A.L. Smith, presented at the 2001 conference of the North American Society for the Psychology of Sport and Physical Activity (NASPSPA).
- super-moves that trim & tone. // Seventeen;Feb2012, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p058
The article offers step-by-step instructions for doing various exercises for teenage girls including plank row, split squat and one-leg hip bridge.
- Exercise and children's health. Ganley, Theodore; Sherman, Carl // Physician & Sportsmedicine;Feb2000, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p85
Focuses on regular exercise as a health maintenance strategy for children and adolescents. Ways by which exercise can improve kids' health; Facilitation of weight control; Improvement of cardiovascular risk factors; Tailoring an exercise program to young people; Reduction of injury risks;...
- GET HOTTER THIS WEEKEND. // Seventeen;Nov2014, Vol. 73 Issue 11, p75
An introduction to articles about workouts for teenage girls is presented.
- GETTING WITH THE PROGRAM. Sullivan, Dana // Tennis;May2006, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p64
A chart is presented which lists schedule of exercises for teenage tennis players recommended by Mike Nishihara, specialist of strength and conditioning at the United States Tennis Association.
- What's Your Exercise type? // Countdown;Spring2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
Suggests physical activities for young people with diabetes. Joining of sports teams; Non-competitive sports; Active alternatives to leisure activities; Consideration of house chores as exercise.
- WALK This Way. // Current Health 1;Feb2006, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses research on brisk walking for teenagers in Scotland.
- THE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ADDICTIONS, EXERCISING, WEIGHT REDUCTION BEHAVIOR AND RISK OF EATING DISORDERS IN THE SAMPLE OF 11TH STUDENTS. Pajaujiene, S.; Jankauskiene, R. // Acta Kinesiologiae Universitatis Tartuensis;2011 Supplement, Vol. 16, p119
An abstract of the article "THE RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN ADDICTIONS, EXERCISING, WEIGHT REDUCTION BEHAVIOR AND RISK OF EATING DISORDERS IN THE SAMPLE OF 11TH STUDENTS" by S. Pajaujiene and R. Jankauskiene is presented.