Alone in a Crowd: Meeting Students' Needs for Relevance and Connection in Urban High School Physical Education
- The Thoughts and Behaviors of Learners in the Inclusion Style of Teaching. Byra, Mark; Jenkins, Jayne // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
Describes student decision making in the inclusion style of teaching in physical education (PE). Basis of learner decision making when selecting alternative levels of difficulty; Link between positive views of PE and success in PE; Variables critical to learning.
- Why do some students who are good at physical education... Morey, Ruth S.; Karp, Grace Goc // Physical Educator;Spring98, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p89
Presents a study which examined the competent students and their attitudes towards physical education. Methodology of the study; Factors that influences students attitude towards physical activity; Results.
- Middle School Students' Perceptions of Coeducational and Same-Sex Physical Education Classes. Treanor, Laura; Graber, Kim; Housner, Lynn; Wiegand, Robert // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1998, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p43
Examines the perceptions of middle school students of coeducational and same-sex physical education classes in the U.S. Difference on perceived strength between male and female; Comparative reception on physical education in male and female; Implications for physical education teaching.
- Student Attitude Toward Physical Education and Physical Activity: A Review of Measurement Issues and Outcomes. Silverman, Stephen; Subramaniam, Prithwi Raj // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p97
Examines the student attitude toward physical education. Evaluation of students' physical activity; Overview of the concept of student attitude; Discussion of issues related to attitude measurement.
- A Review of Behavior Analysis Research in Physical Education. Ward, Phillip; Barrett, Tim // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p242
This article provides an overview of behavior analysis, reviewing its history and the experimental research conducted in physical education settings. Articles were selected from five journals by looking through each issue to identify those that used a single-subject design to assess the effects...
- Student Misconceptions During Two Invasion Game Units in Physical Education: A Qualitative Investigation of Student Thought Processing. Hare, Molly K.; Graber, Kim C. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2000, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p55
Investigates student misconceptions during two invasion game units in physical education in Illinois. Confusion with regard to terminology; Execution of motor skills; Misconceptions concerning instructional tasks of lesson.
- Retrieval and Review. Locke, Lawrence F. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1998, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p493
Presents several abstracts on physical education. 'College student attitude toward three teaching styles in physical education classes,' by S.X. Cai published in the 1997 issue of 'College Student Journal'; 'The anticipation of teaching practice by physical education students,' by S.A. Capel...
- University students' motivation for participation in a basic instruction program. Savage, Michael P. // College Student Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p58
Investigates university students' motivation for participation in physical activity classes offered in a Basic Instruction Program. Student's level of satisfaction with the program; Ranking of reasons for participation; Importance of grades, perceived value of the activity and other program...
- Retrieval and Review. Locke, Lawrence F. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1999, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p357
Presents several abstracts about physical education. 'Identifying the Good in Everyday Teaching,' by M.G. Bator published in the 1997 issue of 'Dissertation Abstracts International'; 'Student Problem Behavior and Teacher Responses in Physical Education,' by S.D. Ellis published in the 1997...