Where Good Intentions Meet Harsh Realities: Teaching Large Classes in Physical Education
- Stretching bodies and minds through technology. Mohnsen, Bonnie // Educational Leadership;Nov97, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p46
Presents how teachers are using technology to help meet national standards in physical educational courses. Using technologies to monitor performances in golf, tennis and general fitness; Applying technology at Montebello Intermediate School's physical educational courses. INSET: Physical...
- The Perceived Relevance of Physical Education. Saffici, Christopher // Physical Educator;Fall99, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p138
Examines the relevance of teaching physical education. Benefits of physical activity; Things that physical education teachers need to consider when trying to connect to all students; Differences in grading between physical education and other subjects in school; Ethical accountability; Conclusion.
- Conference welcome. Grinter, Chris // New Zealand Physical Educator;Oct2012, p10
In the article, the author focuses on Physical Education (PE) teachers in New Zealand. He pays tribute to all PE teachers for their contribution in the educating young people and students. He mentions that the schools overlook PE teachers in many activities of school and treat them as a...
- Physical Education: Futures, destiny and destinationsâ€¦. Penney, Dawn // Physical Educator - Journal of Physical Education New Zealand;Feb2011, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p4
The author expresses his belief that the future for Physical Education in Aotearea New Zealand will be determined by how each teacher intends to deliver the course. He emphasizes the value of plotting clearly the purpose of the curriculum before it is developed and to have a vision of the target...
- Integration at the Primary level. Winker, Daria // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p19
Presents tips in the integration of other subjects in teaching physical education. Relevance of the approach to the primary-level objectives in education; Enhancement of the learning situations of the students; Distinction of quality physical education program as approach in teaching.
- NEW AWARD VOTING PROCEDURE. Morrison, Patricia // COAHPERD Journal;Aug2014, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p4
The article offers information on the award voting procedure of trade body Colorado Association for Health Physical Education, Recreation and Dance and the changes in the 2014 recognition committee.
- Provocacions de l'alumnat I emociÃ³ d'ira del professorat d'EducaciÃ³ FÃsica. Ayme, Sylvain; Ferrand, Claude; Barata, Núria Puig // Apunts: EducaciÃ³ FÃsica i Esports;2010, Issue 102, p22
The purposes of this article are: (a) to identify the different types of student misbehaviour in Physical Education classes and (b) to relate these types of misbehaviour to the anger reactions (and their degrees of intensity) of five physical education teachers in preferential educational...
- 10-11 CLASSES STUDENTS AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS SUBJECTIVE OPINIONS ABOUT THEIR PHYSICAL EDUCATION LESSONS MODERNITY. Maciulevičienė, E. // Bulletin of the South Ural State University, Education, Healthca;2016, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p67
Aim. Research aim was to reveal the subjective opinions of Physical Education teachers and students in higher grades on the realities of modern Physical Education classes. Material and Methods. The sample included Physical Education teachers (n = 33) and 10-11th grade students (n = 324) who were...
- Physical Educators' Technology Competencies and Usage. Woods, Marianne L.; Karp, Grace Goc; Hui Miao; Perlman, Dana // Physical Educator;Spring2008, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p82
The purpose of this study was to examine K-12 physical education teachers' perceptions of ability and usage of technology. Physical educators (n=114) completed the Physical Education Technology Usage Survey assessing their perceived technology competency, how and why they utilize technology,...