Subject Expertise and Teachers' Knowledge
- From the Guest Editors. Harris, Janet C.; Park, Roberta J. // Quest (00336297);Dec1987, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p227
The article presents a discussion on the problems besetting the field of physical education. Susan Greendorfer concluded that the fundamental problem lay not in the need to specialize but in an attendant disposition toward fragmentation brought about by strong orientations of the specialized...
- STAVOVI PROFESORA FIZIÄŒKE KULTURE U OBLASTI LIÄŒNOG USAVRÅ AVANJA, ZADOVOLJSTVA POSLOM I RAZVOJA SPORTA U CRNOJ GORI. Bjelica, Duško; Krivokapić, Dragan // Sport Mont;sep2012, Issue 34-36, p11
At the Faculty of Sports and Physical Education from Niksic, in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Sports, the Government of Montenegro, a one-day seminar was organized for professors of physical education from all Montenegrin towns. The seminar, attended by 86 professors, was held...
- Expertise, Experience, and Effectiveness. Siedentop, Daryl; Eldar, Eitan // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1989, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p254
This article seeks to evaluate the expertise factors involved in the effective teaching of physical education. The authors found that effectiveness and experience contributed to expertise in education but also discovered that those two factors were difficult to transfer between differing age...
- Specialist or Nonspecialist Physical Education Teachers in Ontario Elementary Schools: Examining Differences in Opportunities for Physical Activity. Faulkner, Guy E. J.; Dwyer, John J. M.; Irving, Hyacinth; Allison, Kenneth R.; Adlaf, Edward M.; Goodman, Jack // Alberta Journal of Educational Research;Winter2008, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p407
Research supports the position that specialists are the preferred providers of physical education in elementary (primary) school settings. We examined whether specialists delivered more physical education lessons and provided greater opportunities for moderate and vigorous physical activity and...
- A Study of the Collaborative Research Process: Shared Privilege and Shared Empowerment. Rovegno, Inez; Bandhauer, Dianna // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1998, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p357
Examines the collaborative research process between an elementary physical educator and a university researcher. Effect of collaboration on the teacher and researcher; Use of standard participant observation; Discussion of shared privilege and shared empowerment.
- Classroom Teachers Leisure Physical Activity and Their Conduct of Physical Education. McKenzie, Thomas L.; LaMaster, Kathryn J.; Sallis, James F.; Marshall, Simon J. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct1999, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p126
Examines the leisure time physical activity of a classroom teacher. Application of a correlation analysis for the investigation; Confirmation of the active teachers teaching physical education.
- Value Orientations of Physical Education Preservice and Inservice Teachers. Behets, Daniel // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p144
Examines the value profiles of physical education preservice and inservice teachers in Flanders, Belgium. Consideration of teaching experience and type of teaching degree; Focus of the orientation on the social responsibility of teachers; Discussion on the process of enculturation and social...
- Classroom teachers' responses and feedback efforts during a collaborative practicum for... Kurz-McPherson, Karen A.; Faucette, Nell // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Mar94, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p68
Examines classroom teachers' feedbacks to preservice physical education teachers during a collaborative practicum for the preservice educators. Practicum setting; Collaborative program design; Classroom teachers' participation in providing written feedbacks.
- Current and recommended preparation of physical education... Van Donselaar, Lee; Leslie, David K. // Physical Educator;Early Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p209
Examines the preparation of physical education teachers in the exercise physiology knowledge base. Subdiscipline that plays a fundamental role in the preparation of physical education teachers; Basic applications of exercise physiology; What the study revealed.