Curricula of Mutual Worth: Comparisons of Students' and Teachers' Curricular Goals
- No respect? You get what you give. // Curriculum Review;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p6
Presents a quizz from the book `Better Teaching,' on how to gain respect in the classroom as a teacher.
- What will you do? // Curriculum Review;Jan1997, Vol. 36 Issue 5, Shop talk for teachers p4
Reports on recordings carried out by teachers and students to highlight activities by businessmen, who sell cigarettes to underage students. Comments from Highland Park Police Chief Daniel J. Dahlberg; Positive comments from students involved in the recordings.
- Reach out - But don't touch. Delisle, James R. // Education Week;9/21/94, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the issue of physical contact in teachers' interactions with their students. Varied interpretations to physical contact; Accusations stemming from misinterpretation of physical contact; Teachers' fears of accusations as impersonalizing instruction; Reality of the problem of physical...
- KIDTALK. // Humpty Dumpty Magazine;Dec94, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p32
Presents letters from readers of 'Humpty Dumpty' of what they like best about their teachers. Lists two ideas for stories that children can write and send in to the magazine.
- Do teachers who know students better teach more? Delgadillo, Fernando // Journal of Instructional Psychology;Jun92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p93
Studies the impact of teacher knowledge about students on students' academic achievements. Background on the study; Description of the study method; Hypothesis; Findings of the study.
- Confidential issues. Mehrhof, Joella; Hawes, Deanna // Physical Educator;Late Winter96, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p2
Determines the academic and social/personal assistance requested of middle/secondary physical educators and how comfortable these teachers felt about handling these issues. Area in which students requested the least assistance; Importance of the open structure of the physical education...
- Classroom teachers' instructional interactions with students who are exceptional, at risk, and... Jordan, Anne; Lindsay, Linda // Remedial & Special Education;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p82
Examines classroom teachers' instructional interactions with students. Conversational interactions; Teachers' views on their responsibilities in working with students; Instructional discourse strategies; Teachers in effective inclusion; Provision of an enhanced opportunity to learn; Desirable...
- Teacher/child conflict. // Single Parent;Mar/Apr86, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p12
When a child feels his teacher doesn't like him, it can cause him to dislike school, have trouble learning, have health problems, and problems making friends. Ways to cope with a child unhappy in school.
- School spurs success. // Youth Studies Australia;Autumn1994, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p7
Reports on an educational study conducted by Melbourne University's Centre for Applied Educational Research. Effect of teachers and the classroom on student learning compared to that of a student's home or socio-economic background; Examination of the dynamics between students and their...