Management Techniques Used by High School Physical Education Teachers
- `Withitness:' Real or fictional? Johnston, B. Darlene // Physical Educator;Late Winter95, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p22
Examines the teacher behavior called `withitness,' an important classroom management skill, in the physical education setting. Teacher behaviors necessary to obtain the desired response from a student with desist behavior; Formula for evaluating the level of `withitness' being displayed by a...
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. Elliott, Eloise // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p32
Features the American Master Teacher Program in the U.S. Training of physical education teachers for classroom management; Enhancement of the physical education for students; Course content.
- Fitness: Myths, Polls, Savings. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p16
Presents information related to physical education. Inference to the guidelines issued by the National Association for Sport and Physical Education; Facts and myths in physical activity programs; Safety measures for physical activities integrated in the classroom.
- Integration at the Primary level. Winker, Daria // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep98, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p19
Presents tips in the integration of other subjects in teaching physical education. Relevance of the approach to the primary-level objectives in education; Enhancement of the learning situations of the students; Distinction of quality physical education program as approach in teaching.
- A RESEARCH ON THE EFFECTS OF THE CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT BEHAVIORS OF THE PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHERS ON THE STUDENTS' SKILL LEARNING. Afyon, Yakup Akif; Senturk, Halil Evren // Journal of Education & Sociology;Oct2013, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p32
The aim of this study is to identify the classroom management behaviors according to the demographic specifications of the Physical Education teachers and to research their relation with the students' skill learning. 19 Physical Education teachers that work in the schools that are mentioned and...
- Validity of Interval Recording in Measuring Classroom Climates in Physical Education. Stewart, Michael J.; Destache, David // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr1992, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p315
The article presents a study that determines the validity of interval recording in measuring classroom climates in physical education. Results indicate that there is no significant difference between continuous recording of management, instruction, and activity climates and other measuring...
- The Effects of Crossgroup Feedback on Off-Task Behavior in a Physical Education Setting. Ryan, Stu; Yerg, Beverly // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jan2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p172
Examines the effects of crossgroup feedback on off-task behavior of middle school physical education students in the U.S. Decline of task behavior; Concern of teachers on classroom management and discipline; Assessment of student and teacher interaction.
- Management of disruptive behavior in physical education. Vogler, E. William; Bishop, Paul // Physical Educator;Late Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p16
Describes the ways in which a sample of physical education teachers managed disruptive behavior in an activity based environment. Determination of the influence of certain teacher and context variables on the management of disruptive behavior.
- Action for Healthy Kids Suggests that Improvements are Needed. // Curriculum Review;Oct2008, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the quality of nutrition and on students' food and opportunities for physical activity in U.S. schools. The author suggests that although many schools have adopted policies and made changes, a broad systemic adjustment is needed. Other topics include whole grains, fruits...