The Effects of Peer-Mediated Accountability on Task Accomplishment During Volleyball Drills in Elementary Physical Education
- Effects of Classwide Peer Tutoring on the Performance of Sixth Grade Students During a Volleyball Unit. Ayvazo, Shiri; Ward, Phillip // Physical Educator;Late Winter2009, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p12
This investigation examined the effects of Classwide Peer Tutoring (CWPT), a variation of peer tutoring on the volleyball skills of four 6th grade middle school students purposefully selected from an intact class of 21 students. Participants were average to low skilled males and females. A...
- Make writing conferences fun and productive with `Three Pluses and a Wish'. // Curriculum Review;May96, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p10
Reports on a peer-conferencing strategy involving gradeschoolers. Modeling positive feedback; Handing out worksheets.
- Peer and cross-age tutoring programs. Tansy, Michael; de Barona, Maryann Santos // Guidance & Counseling;Fall96, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p21
Presents a framework for developing and implementing peer and cross-age tutoring programs in the United States. Discussion on various program elements; Recommendations for counsellor involvement.
- The effects of combining peer tutoring and attribution training on students' perceived... Yasutake, David; Bryan, Tanis // Remedial & Special Education;Mar96, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p83
Discusses the effects of combining peer tutoring and attribution training on students' perceived self-competence. Training of peer tutors; Peer tutoring sessions; Students' evaluation of the program.
- Peer-mediated instruction and interventions. Utley, Cheryl A.; Mortweet, Susan L. // Focus on Exceptional Children;Jan1997, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p1
Discusses the components of peer-mediated instruction and interventions (PMII) that enlist sources of peer influence in support of instructional goals. Peer modeling; Peer initiation training; Peer monitoring; Peer networking; Peer tutoring; Group-oriented contingencies; Instructional systems...
- Fifth-graders create one-of-a-kind books for first-grade buddies. // Curriculum Review;Oct92, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p13
Presents information about the peer tutoring with a novel twist has fifth-graders at Simmons Elementary School writing books for first-graders. Advantages of the event to the students; How the event practices the writing skills of the fifth-graders and the reading skills of the first-graders.
- Let students teach students, say some experts. Darlington, Joy // San Diego Business Journal;08/10/98, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p22
Encourages peer-group tutoring of students. Overview on the peer tutoring initiative; Advantages of having peers teach fellow students; Keeping young people in school as a goal of peer tutoring. INSET: Student teachers don't drop out..
- Improving teaching and learning through peer coaching. Vaidya, Shiela R. // Education;Winter94, Vol. 115 Issue 2, p241
Presents a peer coaching program which provides instruction in teaching and learning to peer coaches. Mutual learning experience through the technique; Improvement in areas of learning in students.
- Peer and cross-age tutoring. Gaustad, Joan // Emergency Librarian;Sep/Oct93, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p34
Points out the cognitive and emotional benefits of peer and cross-age tutoring. Willamette High School Peer Tutoring Program for at-risk ninth graders in Eugene, Oregon; Coca-Cola Valued Youth Program (VYP); Companion Reading Program; Peer tutors' modeling of study skills; Improvement of...