The Contribution of Two Research Programs on Teaching Content: 'Pedagogical Content Knowledge' and 'Didactics of Physical Education.'
- Comparative Effects of Sequential Behavior Feedback and Goal-Setting Across Peer-Teaching and Field-Based Practice Teaching. Sharpe, Tom; Hosung So; Mavi, Hasan; Brown, Seth // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p337
Based on sequential behavior analysis (SBA) approaches to clinical practice activities (Sharpe, Lounsbery, & Bahls, 1997) and on results from school-university collaboration approaches to teacher education (Sharpe, Lounsbery, Golden, & Deibler, 1999), this study analyzed the effects of different...
- Reflections on reflective teaching in a physical education teacher education methods course. Cutforth, Nicholas; Hellison, Don // Physical Educator;Fall92, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p127
Presents data on experiences in conceptualizing and implementing reflective teaching in physical education. Physical education teacher curriculum; Teaching models.
- The benefits of homogenous grouping in physical education. Goodwin, Stephen C. // Physical Educator;Fall97, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p114
Examines the homogenous and heterogenous grouping in physical education. Advantages and disadvantages of the grouping; Conclusion; Recommendation in grouping physical education classes.
- Misapplication of Teaching Concepts. Hare, Molly K. // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p15
Provides examples showing the misapplication of the teaching concepts by physical education teachers. Correction of every performance error that is noticed; Use of circle of parallel line organizational patterns in any sport setting; Resolutions for appropriate application of the rule of teaching.
- Teaching Strategies for Early Childhood Movement Programs. Hynes-Dusel, Joanne Margaret // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jan2002, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p18
Presents teaching strategies for early childhood movement programs. Goals of movement programs; Activities that encourage the integration of movement into an academic curriculum.
- Using Comprehensive Teaching Models to Enhance Pedagogical Content Knowledge. Mohr, Derek J.; Townsend, J. Scott // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p32
Evaluates the use of comprehensive teaching models to enhance physical education teachers' pedagogical content knowledge. Sport education; Tactical games approach; Ecological task analysis.
- Idea Exchange. // NEA Today;Oct2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p26
Presents tips on teaching. Advice for physical education teachers; Use of charity address labels; Idea on encouraging students to aspire for top-level jobs.
- Teachers' questions answered. // New Zealand Physical Educator;Apr2014, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to teaching physical education in New Zealand including teaching approaches and the Action Competence Learning process.
- Learning style preferences of physical education majors. Johnston Jr., Bower L. // Physical Educator;Late Winter 97, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p31
Investigates the learning style preferences of physical education majors enrolled at a university in the United States. Traditional methods of college teaching; Preference for learning experience; Gender differences in learning styles.