A Journey Into Narrative Analysis: A Methodology for Discovering Meanings
- Girl Grappler Has the Moves but Lacks Muscle. // Education Week;1/16/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p3
The article discusses the experience of Missi L. Nimrick, a senior who went out for the wrestling team at Rock Ridge High School in Taylor Ridge, Illinois. She became interested in the sports the time when she saw the members of the team work out in physical education. She 85 to 90 percent of...
- The dream makeover. Owen, David // Golf Digest;May2006, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p152
The article discusses the author's experience of being an old golf player. According to the author, he is a former golf professional player who made efforts in restoring his active participation in the sport after a halt due to ailments. Being a veteran, he still continues to explore golf...
- IN VOLUNTARY PAIN. MacLean, David Stuart // Quarterly West;Spring/Summer2006, Issue 62, p99
The article narrates the author's struggle and pain which made him quit smoking. The author spent a day with a nurse who was conducting a study on smoking cessation methods. He is doing physical exercise to alleviate the tension of quitting. He experienced cramping of the legs and shin splints...
- The View from the Back Row. Kufahl, Pamela // Fitness Business Pro;Apr2007, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p72
The article discusses the author's experience in attending her first group fitness step foot class. She relates on her discomfort in trying to keep up with regulars of the class while trying hard not to look too foolish. Moreover, she adds that physical fitness centers should consider...
- Get Away and Play. Bokur, Debra // Yoga Journal;Aug2007, Issue 204, p55
The article relates the author's experience in spending yoga retreat with her son named Sky in the U.S. The author stresses that yoga outing with family members will create stronger family ties and will give opportunity to see a child as a distinct and capable individual. This type of family...
- (STRENGTHENED). Dembling, Ed // Positive Thinking;May/Jun2007, p58
The author reflects on how his sessions at the gym with the hope of building enough stamina helped him through law school despite having cerebral palsy. At first he could not a do a single repetition of each exercise but after more stretching he started to see results. He never imagined that the...
- The consequences of genre: Narrative, lyric, and dramatic intelligibility. Ruf, Frederick J. // Journal of the American Academy of Religion;Fall94, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p799
Elucidates on narrative. Three characteristics of narrative; Lyric; Drama; Pragmatics of genre.
- In Capua. // America;11/27/1909, Vol. 2 Issue 7, p168
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of going around Capua in Italy.
- New baby makes Clara Jo great-great-great. Davis, Clara Jo // Malakoff News (TX);8/10/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 32, p4A
The author narrates the activities and events involving her kins in Malakoff, Texas.