I Thought Only Fairy Tales Had Supernatural Power: A Radical Feminist Analysis of Title IX in Physical Education
- `A' as in aerobics--and adjectives, too. Lozon, Liz // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p55
Presents ideas on how to integrate literature, math and print-based concepts into a physical education program. Activities that incorporate physical education into other areas of the curriculum; Physical arrangement of the gym when conducting the program. INSET: Physical education..
- Toward a Pedagogy of Mutuality. Stork, Steve // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the pedagogy-of-mutuality approach to elementary physical education. Internal construction of knowledge; Gaps in knowledge; Collaborative arrangement between teacher and student.
- High Stakes Assessment. Martin, Ellen // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p4
Presents several Web sites on elementary physical education (PE). Presentation of standards and benchmarks used to document student progress; Discussion on the practices in PE; Methods for assessing learning in PE.
- TEACHING ELEMENTARY PHYSICAL EDUCATION: WHOSE RESPONSIBILITY? Buschner, Craig A. // Education;Fall84, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p34
Administrators, classroom teachers, and parents comprehend the need for a break in the child's school day, but have avoided grappling with the value of physical education as a structured learning experience. A quality physical education program requires an effective teacher. The teacher's...
- A Case Study in Gender Equity for Basic Instruction Programs. Davis, Kathryn L. // Physical Educator;Late Winter2000, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p46
This study examined two college physical education activity classes during participation in racquetball. In these classes, observations were made of teacher behavior to determine how gender bias may manifest itself in college physical education activity classes. The classes were examined using...
- Dribbling performance in first-grade children: Effect of ball and hand size and ball-size... Burton, Allen W.; Welch, Brenda A. // Physical Educator;Late Winter90, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p48
Examines the effect of hand size and the interaction of ball size and hand size on dribbling performance of first-grade children in physical education. Effect of ball size on the qualitative and quantitative aspects of dribbling; Choice of ball size; Factors influencing the ball size selection;...
- Bridging the Gap. Massey, Gwen; Kirby, Kym; Richardson, Stephanie // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the implementation of state-mandated assessment in elementary physical education in South Carolina. Purpose of assessments; Benchmarks to be addressed by students in physical education; Standards in the development of the elementary performance indicators for state assessment.
- Ã–ÄŸretmenlerin Ä°lkÃ¶ÄŸretim Beden EÄŸitimi ve Spor Dersi Ã–ÄŸretim ProgramÄ± ve PlanlarÄ±na Ä°liÅŸkin AlgÄ±larÄ±. ŞİRİNKAN, Ahmet; GÜNDOĞDU, Kerim // Ilkogretim Online;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p144
The purpose of this research was to investigate the perceptions of school elementary physical education and sports teachers with regard to physical education and sports curriculum and instructional planning. The sample of this study was 720 physical education and sports teachers from 16 cities...
- finding the Right Lane. Stork, Steve // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;May2005, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Introduces a series of articles about teaching physical education in elementary.