The Participation and Perceptions of Girls Within a Unit of Sport Education
- LA TEORï¿½A DE ORIENTACIï¿½N DE METAS Y LA ENSEï¿½ANZA DE LA EDUCACIï¿½N Fï¿½SICA: CONSIDERACIONES PRï¿½CTICAS. Garc�a-Mas, Alexandre; Gimeno, Fernando // Revista Latinoamericana de Psicologï¿½a;2008, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p511
This study analysed whether the evaluation of sports motivation, according to the Goal Orientation Theory, varies according with the use of simple or combined motivational profiles. It also explored its relationship with variables such as the level of sports practice, or the level of competition...
- Speed up your workout. Blecher, Michele Bitoun // Women's Sports & Fitness;Sep96, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p70
Focuses on the benefits of using tempo intervals for sports training for women. Features of tempo intervals; Benefits; Tempo training programs for different sports. INSETS: Courting a better serve, by Alyssa Lustigman.;What's in an interval?..
- A 1990 reassessment of Metheny's model of sport. Cuneen, Jacquelyn; Beyer Jr., Robert M. // Physical Educator;Fall91, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p162
Evaluates physical education expert E. Metheny's model of type of sport or physical education activity that is acceptable or unacceptable for female participation. Physical activities that are `generally not acceptable' for females; Increase in competitive opportunities for female athletes;...
- staying power. // Women's Health;Sep2007, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p56
The article offers step-by-step instructions for performing various strength training exercises for women.
- ASSOCIATION ASSIST. De Bonis, Edith // Quest (00336297);Dec1964, Vol. 3, p73
A letter to the editor is presented from the Eastern Association of Physical Education for College Women that praises the "Quest" periodical for presenting a different view of physical education.
- Six-spot lay-up drill. Morgan, Kent // Coach & Athletic Director;Jan1998, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p23
Presents information on a basketball lay-up drill that increases player proficiency in a number of areas. Identification of how the drill works; What it focuses on; How it works in a full court situation.
- ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT OF WOMEN IN THE RURAL AREAS OF BALOCHISTAN. Mohyuddin, Anwaar; Chaudhry, Hafeez-ur-Rehman; Ambreen, Mamonah // Pakistan Journal of Women's Studies;2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p239
This paper explores the emerging pattern of changes in the economic activities of women in the village of Zandra (District Ziarat), Balochistan by assessing their direct and indirect contribution to the household economy. Women's indirect contribution to the village is not a new development;...
- Untitled. // New Yorker;1/31/1983, Vol. 58 Issue 50, p123
The article presents an announcement from the University of Arizona Office of Continuing Education regarding Physical Education courses. It is stated in the announcement that some Physical education courses are for women only while some are for men only. Furthermore, courses designated Women...
- Synchronize Your Skiing. Campbell, Stu; Rogan, Mike // Ski;Oct2006, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p225
The article discusses techniques skiers can use to synchronize their poles and skis while skiing.