Effects of Holding Students Accountable for Social Behaviors During Volleyball Games in Elementary Physical Education
- `A' as in aerobics--and adjectives, too. Lozon, Liz // Teaching Pre K-8;Oct97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p55
Presents ideas on how to integrate literature, math and print-based concepts into a physical education program. Activities that incorporate physical education into other areas of the curriculum; Physical arrangement of the gym when conducting the program. INSET: Physical education..
- Toward a Pedagogy of Mutuality. Stork, Steve // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Jul2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p23
Focuses on the pedagogy-of-mutuality approach to elementary physical education. Internal construction of knowledge; Gaps in knowledge; Collaborative arrangement between teacher and student.
- THE NEIGHBORHOOD NEWS. // New York;11/1/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 35, p12
This section offers news briefs in New York City as of November 2010 including the discovery of a 1914 "Times" article on residents who were upset about student parties at New York University by a blogger, an accident caused by a man who hot-wired an empty school bus in Bath Beach, and the...
- High Stakes Assessment. Martin, Ellen // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p4
Presents several Web sites on elementary physical education (PE). Presentation of standards and benchmarks used to document student progress; Discussion on the practices in PE; Methods for assessing learning in PE.
- TEACHING ELEMENTARY PHYSICAL EDUCATION: WHOSE RESPONSIBILITY? Buschner, Craig A. // Education;Fall84, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p34
Administrators, classroom teachers, and parents comprehend the need for a break in the child's school day, but have avoided grappling with the value of physical education as a structured learning experience. A quality physical education program requires an effective teacher. The teacher's...
- It's summer and I'm bored. Simon, Christy // Campus Life;July/Aug97, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p9
Features an article about student summer vacation. Relaxation at home; Household chores activities; Accomplishments at home.
- School zone. Lange, George // Seventeen;May95, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p107
Presents photographs of school fashion trends in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Student population's profile; Organizations; Traditions.
- Going to School. Hall, Cyndy // Faces;Mar2001, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on school customs and habits in Great Britain.
- CHS students give back. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);9/3/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 36, p1
A photograph of students from the Carlendon High School (CHS) Career Development class who volunteered at the Donley County Senior Citizens in Texas is presented