Differential Effects of Peer-Mediated Accountability on Task Accomplishment in Elementary Physical Education
- A Comparison of Teacher and Student Perspectives of Tasks and Feedback. Tjeerdsma, Bonnie L. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1997, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p388
Examines the perceptions of physical education teacher student on tasks and feedback. Assessment of affective reactions to skill-related feedback; Explanation of teaching learning process; Determination of students cognition during physical education lessons.
- A Study of Task Systems and Accountability in an Elite Junior Sports Setting. Hastie, Peter A.; Saunders, John E. // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Jul1992, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p376
The concept of academic work has been developed as a means of examining the curriculum used in classrooms. Tousignant's study of secondary school physical education classes was the first to apply this concept to teaching physical education. This paper reports on a study that examined the program...
- Assessment of the new Physical Education Content Standards and Benchmarks. Faust, Roberta; Van Volkinberg, Patricia // MAHPERD Journal;Spring2009, p12
The article focuses on the significance of assessment in standard-based physical education. It notes that assessment provides evidences of student learning and formalizes the account ability of student and teaches. Moreover, overview of different assessments is presented, which includes quality...
- Options for vocabulary learning through communication tasks. Newton, Jonathan // ELT Journal: English Language Teachers Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p30
Examines the task-based approaches for vocabulary learning. Exposure of learners to new words during task-based interaction; Maintenance on the flow of comprehension in classroom; Development of strategies in managing new vocabulary.
- Erratum to: Content-embedded tasks beat complex span for predicting comprehension. Was, Christopher; Rawson, Katherine; Bailey, Heather; Dunlosky, John // Behavior Research Methods;Sep2013, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p898
A correction to the article "Content-embedded tasks beat complex span for predicting comprehension," published in the 2011 issue of "Behavior Research Methods" is presented.
- Another Look at Task Analysis. Hughes, Selma // Journal of Learning Disabilities;May1982, Vol. 15 Issue 5
Presents an overview of approaches to task analysis and suggestions for alternative approaches that the teacher may consider. Criteria for effective task analysis; Types of learning identified in Gagne's learning hierarchy; Deterline's Stimulus Response Table; Observation of proficient students...
- Using Tasks to Measure Consumers' Ability to Apply Food Guide Recommendations: Lessons Learned. Ryan, Claire A.; Wilkins, Jennifer L. // Journal of Nutrition Education;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p293
ABSTRACT This article reports on lessons learned from using comparison and substitution tasks to assess consumers' ability to apply food guide messages. The study evaluated the usability of the Northeast Regional Food Guide (NERFG), which provides instruction on healthful diets of local foods in...
- Accountability in Elementary and Middle School Physical Education. Templeton, Josey H.; Taylor, Mickey // Teaching Elementary Physical Education;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p11
Investigates the occurrence of accountability in elementary and middle physical education in South Carolina. Implication of the South Carolina Physical education Assessment Program for teacher and student accountability; Formation of assessment writing committees; Development of performance...
- Chapter 2: Student Performance Data, School Attributes, and Relationships. Mitchell, Murray; Castelli, Darla; Strainer, Skip // Journal of Teaching in Physical Education;Oct2003, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p494
Physical educators have generally been unwilling to assess outcomes and in most cases to minimally define those outcomes. Physical education as a school subject in the U.S. can be characterized as largely void of both consensus and accountability. There has been a sense that this lack of...