Instructional Ecology of a High School Volleyball Team
- THE PERSON-CENTERED HIGH SCHOOL IN AMERICA MUST BE A MICROCOSM OF A FULLY DEMOCRATIC SOCIETY. Cassel, Russell N. // Education;Summer2001, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p632
The new Person-Centered High School must be a microcosm of a fury democratic society if we are to reduce the prison population in our country even a mite. Today more than half of the two million prison inmates in our country are high school drop out students, largely because they have not...
- THIRD FORCE PSYCHOLOGY USED TO FOSTER HALLMARKS FOR SUCCESS SERVES AS THE BASIS FOR DELINQUENCY AND CRIME PREVENTION. Camel, Russell N. // Education;Summer2001, Vol. 121 Issue 4, p642
The "Hall-Marks for Success in a Democracy" serve as the basis for a "Person-Centered" approach to learning in our schools and in our homes. The article focuses on the nature of a high school program that includes a "delinquency prevention element" It begins with instruction for each and every...
- EFFECT OF HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS' SELFCONCEPT AND FAMILY RELATIONSHIPS ON PEER BULLYING. Sevda, Arslan; Sevim, Savaser // Revista Brasileira em PromoÃ§Ã£o da SaÃºde;ouct/dex2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p405
Objective: To determine the role of high school students in the cycle of bullying, their selfconcept and the effect of family characteristics associated with the bullying. Methods: We conducted a descriptive, comparative and correlational study. The survey data were collected in the largest...
- Attitudes of Jordanian Females Students toward Social Studies Education. Alazzi, Khaled // Journal of Social Studies Research;Spring2007, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p34
This study inquires about the attitudes of female students toward social studies. Using a phenomenological research approach, two groups of eighth and eleventh grade students were interviewed. Forty-eight students were selected to participate in the study. With teacher and learning variables,...
- KEEPING THE "FREE" IN TEACHER SPEECH RIGHTS: PROTECTING TEACHERS AND THEIR USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA TO COMMUNICATE WITH STUDENTS BEYOND THE SCHOOLHOUSE GATES. Schroeder, Mark // Richmond Journal of Law & Technology;Winter2013, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
The Article focuses on Amy Hestir Student Protection Act of Missouri, which states rules related to the use of social media by a public school teacher to communicate with students. It explains how the Court's free speech jurisprudence violates the First Amendment of the U.S. constitution being...
- Jump Serving Your Way to SUCCESS. Aird, Steve; Johnson, Manny // Volleyball (10584668);Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p51
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making jumping service in volleyball.
- Single Leg Pick-Up With Skier Side-to-Side. Rangel, Mike // Volleyball (10584668);Jun2009, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p58
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making single leg pick-up in volleyball.
- Process and Practices for a Comprehensive Collegiate Heavy Strength Program for Volleyball Part III Phase 2 Base Strength. Justice, Tom // Performance Conditioning Volleyball;2009, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p3
The article offers step-by-step instructions for load lifting to improve hitting and serving motion in volleyball.
- Plyometric Drill of the Month. Rangel, Mike // Volleyball (10584668);Mar2009, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p29
The article offers step-by-step instructions for volleyball plyometric drill.