Tennis Racket Length Comparisons and Their Effect on Beginning College Players' Playing Success and Achievement
- 'Well, I Lost. Now I Can Go Play Nintendo.' Carmichael, Mary; Begun, Bret; Chong, Jia-Rui; Stroup, Katherine // Newsweek;9/17/2001, Vol. 138 Issue 12, p8
Presents thoughts on men's and women's professional tennis. Increased interest in the sport; View of newcomers Andy Roddick and Lleyton Hewitt compared with Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi; Praise of women's tennis.
- Age of Enlightenment. Vecsey, George // Tennis;Feb2002, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p80
Focuses on some racial issues in tennis, involving tennis players Venus and Serena Williams, Lleyton Hewitt and James Blake.
- Groovy Game! Alex, Nan // U+S+ Kids;Apr/May99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p2
Presents information on tennis. How tennis stars such as Venus Williams, Martina Hingis and Andre Agassi started playing tennis; How to play tennis; Scoring; Guidelines for tournament players.
- Youth Served? Austin, Tracy // Tennis;Nov99, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p20
Answers the question whether it is advisable for junior players to compete in an older age division in tennis tournament.
- Agents of influence. Cleary, Brian // Tennis;Jun97, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p81
Discusses how sports agents affect the careers of junior tennis players. Acceptance of free clothing and equipment from manufacturers; Risks involved in signing players while still young; Building of friendships and loyalty among prospective players.
- Sport this week. // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/20/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6338, p78
Reports global developments related to sports as of August 2002. Defeat of tennis player Lleyton Hewitt in the Cincinnati Masters; Award received by golfer Karrie Webb in British Opens; Participation of soccer player Gilberto Silva in the Community Shield soccer match.
- Fashion on the court. // Black Enterprise;Sep95, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p114
Focuses on the factors which affect the preference of tennis players for sport clothes. Absence of standard for court fashion; Role of clothing as a distraction tool; Headgear as one important piece of court clothing.
- The Battle Of the Beverages. Shaffer, Alyssa // Tennis;Mar2010, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p56
The article offers information on several sports drinks which should be taken by the tennis players during the game.
- Bring the Heat. Bollettieri, Nick // Tennis;Apr2011, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p52
The article offers suggestions for tennis players on creating pressure on the opponents during a game.