Developmental Sequences for the Vertical Cradle in Lacrosse: An Exploratory Study
- LAUNCHED BY LACROSSE. Frank, J.L. // Louisville Magazine;May2006, Vol. 57 Issue 5, p32
The article presents information on the sport "lacrosse," which is now blossoming in Louisville, Kentucky. The sport is building devotees at the middle school, high school and college levels in the city. Field conditions are still spotty for certain schools today, but participation in the game,...
- A Preseason Resistance Training Program for Men's Lacrosse. Burger, Troy A.; Burger, Molly E. // Strength & Conditioning Journal (Allen Press);Jun2006, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p20
Despite the recent popularity and growth of lacrosse, there has been a lack of specific training programs for the sport. This article provides one example of a preseason resistance training program for male lacrosse athletes. The program utilizes a variety of training strategies, including...
- Newfoundland and Labrador PESIC Conference. Sweetland, Shannon; Martin, Andrew // Physical & Health Education Journal;Winter2013, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p36
The article offers information on the biennial conference of Newfoundland and Labrador Physical Education Special Interest Council (PESIC) that took place during February 21-23, 2013. Sessions were held on topics including snow shelter construction, lacrosse, curling, cross country skiing,...
- WHY DON'T YOU... // Dolly;Jul2004, Issue 405, p102
Presents recommendations on issues related to physical fitness and training. Advantages of wearing compression working clothing during workouts and training; Involvement in the sport of lacrosse; Participation as a jury in the Adidas Impossible is Nothing Challenge held up to July 18, 2004.
- Exertional Rhabdomyolysis in 8 Division I Female Lacrosse Athletes: A Case Series. Register, Johna K.; Mikhalik, Jason P.; Hirth, Christopher J.; Brickner, Thomas E. // Athletic Therapy Today;Jul2006, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p26
The article discusses a case of Eight Division I female lacrosse athletes ranging in the age of 19 to 22 years with exertional rhabdomyolysis (ER). ER is a complication of exercise that can be fatal if not recognized and treated appropriately. The dissolution is manifested by increased...
- Off-Season Conditioning for Women's Lacrosse. Harris, Glenn; Santa, Juan Carlos // Strength & Conditioning Journal (Allen Press);Feb2006, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p93
Lacrosse is a unique sport with specific training demands. In this column, the demands of lacrosse in female collegiate athletes are discussed.
- That simple motion offense comes to lacrosse. Kenney, John M. // Coach & Athletic Director;Aug97, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p42
Reports on the 2-2-2 offense strategy for lacrosse. Effectiveness of simplicity in strategies; Practicing offensive plays.
- Lacrosse: Enter the zone defense. Dickson, Douglas J. // Coach & Athletic Director;Dec1997, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p24
Presents information on the benefits of zone defense and how it should be played in Lacrosse. Reference to St. Paul School's former Lacrosse coach, Bud Blake; Information on the zone formations and rotations.
- Handling Defensive Pressure in Lacrosse. Nagle, Jim; Kenney, John // Coach & Athletic Director;Oct1999, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p36
Discusses the basic concepts and drills that can help in handling a defensive pressure in lacrosse.