Flexing at 50
- Fumigation Companies Compete in 9th Annual Banner Contest. // Pest Management Professional;Sep2012, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that the Pest Control Operators of California (PCOC) and Dow AgroSciences LLC announced Mercury Termite and Pest Control of Covina, California as the first place winner for their 9th annual Fumigation Banner Bonanza Contest.
- Vikane review and training starts soon. // Pest Control;Feb2005, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p70
Reports on the plan of Dow AgroSciences LLC to commence its 2005 Caretakers Program, an annual review and training session for those involved in any stage of fumigation with Vikane. Objectives of the Caretakers Program; Features of the program; Moves to review the Vikane Stewardship Policy,...
- Dow's Vikane Takes On Biggest Job Yet. // Pest Control;Nov2006, Vol. 74 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the largest fumigation with vikane, a gas fumigant used as drywood termite treatment from Dow AgroSciences LLC which was finished at Mariners Bay in Marina del Rey, California. The complex carried more than 9.7 million cubic feet of residential and commercial space and for...
- New treatment knocks out flour pests. // Food Manufacture;Sep2004, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p60
The article reports that a new fumigant to replace the soon-to-be banned methyl bromide in flour mills has been launched by Dow AgroSciences LLC. ProFume, or sulphuryl fluoride, is designed to be used as part of an integrated pest control system that allows treatment to be adapted to the level...
- Historic Hawaiian Ship Rescued By Vikane. // Pest Control;Mar2007, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p14
The article focuses on the fumigation of Hokule'a, a historic Hawaiian ship, to eliminate drywood termite infestation. A replica of a voyaging canoe used by Polynesians, Hokule'a was built by the Polynesian Voyaging Society. Pest management company, Chemi-Pure Termite & Pest Control, rendered...
- PCN fumigant Telone is close to gaining approval. Abram, Mike // Farmers Weekly;7/18/2008, p2
The article reports that Telone II manufacturer Dow AgroSciences remains hopeful that the soil fumigant used for potato cyst nematode control will be re-registered on to the Annex 1 list of approved pesticides in the European Union (EU). However, Dow had produced new data at a cost of €5...
- PC Reports: Pheromones and fumigants. // Pest Control;May2004, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p91
Lists companies offering pheromones and fumigants in the United States available as of May 2004. Arbico Organics; Atlantic Paste & Glue; B&G Equipment Co.; BioSensory; Cytec Industries; Degesch America; Dow AgroSciences; Farnam Companies Inc.
- Benefits of Fumigant Telone Use Outweigh Risks. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/17/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 23, p19
Reports on the conclusion by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) on its review of the cancer risks posed by the fumigant telone from Dow AgroSciences LLC. Details of the special review on telone; Considerations for the application of telone; Efforts of EPA to study the...
- Trend Spotting. // Pest Control;Oct2003, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p8
Reports developments related to pest control industry in the U.S. as of October 2003. Construction of termite-resistant; Development of software program from Dow AgroSciences LLC; Launching of National Pest Management Association's QualityPro program.