- SWOT Analysis. // Fujikura Ltd. SWOT Analysis;Apr2011, p1
A business analysis of Fujikura, Ltd., a Japan-based manufacturing group involved in the manufacture and sales of optical fiber transmission systems, is provided, focusing on the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) faced by the company. Strengths include strong research and...
- High-priced Tokyo. McClenahen, John S. // Industry Week/IW;10/17/94, Vol. 243 Issue 19, p20
Presents a scenario illustrating the strength of the yen currency in Japan and the low value of the US dollar.
- Will the yen replace the dollar? Moreno, Ramon // FRBSF Economic Letter;10/18/96, Vol. 96 Issue 30, p1
Explains the prospects of the Japanese yen in replacing the U.S. dollar as tool of international trade. Growth of the yen's share in international transactions; Increased use of the money in international lending; Advantages of using the money due to the stability of its purchasing value.
- Why the yen rises and the dollar swoons. Flanigan, James // Caribbean Business;5/4/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p17
Focuses on the implications of the American dollar's decline and the rise of the Japanese yen. Historic shift in the world economy; Influence of the United States as a diplomatic force and an example of governmental and economic policies; Problem of US trade deficits; Loans of Asia's developing...
- Currency Winners and Losers. // International Economy;Fall 2014, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p4
The article reports that Japanese yen has plummeted 32% against the U.S. dollar since 2011.
- A game of chicken. Hirsh, Michael; Thomas, Rich // Bulletin with Newsweek;4/28/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5966, p75
Focuses on the currency crisis between the Japanese yen and the United States dollar. Weakening Japanese yen; Japan as continuing to run record trade and current-account surpluses; Lack of concern of American economists; Inflation as the key worry in a weak currency.
- The yen leapt vs. the dollar. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/11/2015, pA02
The article reports on the currency status of the yen vs. the dollar after the statement released by the governor of Bank of Japan, Haruhiko Kuroda regarding currency. currency.
- AN INVESTIGATION OF THE SENSITIVITIES OF STOCK RETURNS TO EXCHANGE RATES: The Japanese Precision Instruments Industry Cases. TSUJI, Chikashi // Economics & Finance Review;Nov2012, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p1
This paper investigates whether the sensitivities of equity returns of the Japanese precision instruments industry firms to the yen-US dollars exchange rates rose in the recent period. Our empirical examinations statistically significantly show that recently, the sensitivities of exchange rates...
- Greenback sits tall in the saddle. Siddiqi, Moin // African Business;Apr97, Issue 220, p39
Examines the rise in the value of the American dollar against the Deutschmark and yen in early 1997. American economy's outpacing of both European and Japanese economy; Institutional investors' increase of their investment activities in American asset markets; Factors that would reverse the...