Check before you buy
- Strategic sourcing. Garrambone, Leonard J. // Management Review;May95, Vol. 84 Issue 5, p62
Focuses on purchasing in business enterprises in the United States. Championing of strategic sourcing organizations; Job of purchasing departments of corporations; Development of sourcing plans; Challenges for purchasing.
- Predicting purchase quantities: Further investigation of the Juster Scale. Seymour, Peter; Brennan, Mike // Marketing Bulletin;May94, Vol. 5, p21
Examines the use of the Juster Scale to estimate purchase levels. Impact of age and educational level on respondent understanding and predictive accuracy; Multiple question method; Constant sum methods.
- The accuracy of the Juster Scale for predicting purchase rates of branded, fast-moving consumer... Brennan, Mike; Esslemont, Don // Marketing Bulletin;May94, Vol. 5, p47
Examines the accuracy of the Juster Scale in predicting purchase rates of branded consumer goods. Use of purchase probability data from the 1992 Palmerston North Household Omnibus survey; Predicted and actual purchase rates; Predicted and actual share of purchasers.
- Getting smarter at barter. Trybulec, John // Corporate Detroit;Mar1995, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p13
Gives advice on how businessmen can get better deals from salespersons. Development of good rapport with salespersons; Creation of a mutually productive relationship with salespersons; Examples of businessmen's efforts in establishing good relations with salespersons.
- Purchasing power. // Marketing Tools;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p38
Presents the results of a survey conducted by the Center for Advanced Purchasing Studies on the types of expenditures in which purchasing departments are most likely to be involved. Spending information; Handling of an organization's total expenditure; Categories.
- Corporate purchasing cards trim paperwork, reduce costs. Sberna, Bob // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p25
Reports on the popularity of corporate purchasing cards as an alternative payment medium. Use of the cards for small-ticket, business-to-business transactions; Cleveland Metroparks' use of corporate purchasing cards to buy low-cost operating supplies and repair equipment; Benefits of the...
- Better shop around. Cray, Dan // American School & University;Apr94, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p36a
Provides tips on effective purchase of products. Key to purchasing; Consideration of durability and price; Customer service; Importance of knowing the details about the product; Distributor; Need to double check the product. INSET: Is bigger better?..
- A meaty scam. Goode, Robin White // Black Enterprise;Feb96, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p240
Presents a question and corresponding answer concerning consumer payment without receipt of goods. Litigation options; Financial compensation; Taxation regulations on the spent money.
- Rising hurdles for vendors. Nelton, Sharon // Nation's Business;Jun96, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p46
Discusses trends in purchasing management. Reduction in the number of vendors; Role of purchasing departments in corporate strategic planning; Downsizing of these departments; Expectation for more service from suppliers; Level of competition; Purchasing at an international level; Formation of...
- Cash is king. // Director;Sep95, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p26
Features the results of a survey of directors' buying habits in the first quarter of 1995. Use of cash to purchase major items of capital equipment; Long-term funding; Low emphasis on the use of bank loans or overdrafts.