Twiggy on the catwalk
- Sandler Group buys Ritz controlling interest. // Caribbean Business;3/18/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p14
Relates that John Anderson, the developer of the Ritz-Carlton San Juan in Puerto Rico, has sold his participation in the upscale hotel to the Sandler Group. Plans of Anderson to devote his full attention to developing other properties in Puerto Rico; Controlling interest gained by Sandler Group...
- New products, services and business models are the norm at INDA show. // Nonwovens Markets;5/1/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p8
The article previews several nonwoven products exhibited at the IDEA 2013 International Engineered Fabrics Conference & Expo including the Herculus spunlace product from Suominen Corp., the Captimax filtration product from Ahlstrom Corp., and the spunlace Sawatex from the company Sandler Group.
- A simple easy chair. Clauss, T. // Outdoor Life;Aug88, Vol. 182 Issue 2, p30
Instructions for building an easy chair--one that's deemed `easy' not only because it is comfortable and simple to build, but because it's easy on the checking account. Three of the lightweight, two-piece chairs can be built from one sheet of plywood.
- The planter's chair. Clauss, T. // Outdoor Life;May91, Vol. 187 Issue 5, p50
Offers directions for building a comfortable chair that was originally designed for Jamaican plantation owners and is perfect for outdoor lounging.
- Sitting pretty. // Colonial Homes;Oct88, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p8
Presents Pennsylvania chairs by colonial artisans who were often English emigrants. Chairs from the collection of the Chester County Historical Society. Characteristics, Style.
- In a roundabout way. Hunt, Kenneth // Colonial Homes;Feb95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p72
Features the roundabout chair. Evolution of style; Design.
- A portable chair to build. Moates, Tom // Country Journal;May/Jun93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p69
Offers instructions for building a wooden buckskinner's chair that is comfortable, portable, unbreakable and inexpensive. Construction details; Materials.
- Sit! Seymour, L.; Wegman, W. // Town & Country;Apr92, Vol. 146 Issue 5143, p148
Analyzes the chair. What it means to different people; At its basic, a chair is simply the uptown cousin of a stool; The comfortable chair is a recent invention; Chair design through history; Photos of different chairs.
- Back beauty. // Interior Design;05/15/94, Vol. 65 Issue 7, p58
Presents different chair designs and products from different companies in the United States.