Secure Cloud Computing The future of Information Technology Management
- Security Breaches Go Mainstream. // Credit Union Journal;4/2/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p16
The article discusses the data security breaches in several credit unions and how CO-OP Financial Services is trying to solve these problems. These incidents are costing institutions to manage the effects including member card replacement, account changes and communication. Through key...
- Cloud Computing. Mey, Susanne // Database & Network Journal;Jun2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p18
A conference paper on the function of cloud computing on data security in the information technology (IT) environment of companies is presented. It says that cloud computing system provides cost benefits as compared with conventional systems to companies which cannot afford them. It discusses...
- Holistic Security. Niblett, Gareth // ITNOW;Autumn2013, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p24
When it comes to information assurance you need to take a wide view of the issues, says Gareth Niblett, Chairman of the BCS Information Security Specialist Group.
- Outlook Brightening for Data Security in the Cloud. Neff, Todd // Compliance Week;Jun2012, Vol. 9 Issue 101, p57
The article discusses the use of cloud computing in data security. It states that a mix of information technology (IT) self-awareness, new software offerings, and savvy dealings with providers of cloud computing could help in transitioning to cloud computing. It says that each type of cloud...
- Data protection. SLOAN, MARTIN // Supply Management;Jun2013, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p16
The article discusses the case of insolvency of data centre operator 2e2 that has also violated its banking agreement and had reached its credit limits with suppliers. It focuses on the risk of data ransom for users of cloud computing and third-party hosting services. It also provides preventive...
- Converging forces. DIX, JOHN // Network World;1/14/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p3
In this article, the author discusses the developments in the services of information technology (IT) sector after the introduction of cloud computing services.
- Cloudiness and reality. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;2/7/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p38
The article discusses the nature of cloud computing, which is defined by the Information Technology Laboratory, as the model for enabling convenient network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources that can be rapidly purveyed and released with minimal management effort.
- 2 MINUTES ON...Privacy: Who cares? Masters, Greg // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Apr2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p14
The article focuses on data security and privacy and the impact of data breach on companies and individuals. Topics include the exposure of personal data of more than 100 million customers of Neiman Marcus and Target, the awareness of citizens about possible exposure of personal information and...
- Alliance Develops Five New Security Models. Stewart, Jackie // American Banker;4/9/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 54, p6
The article announces the information technology consortium Open Data Center Alliance developed five security usage models and released an overview document about identity management in cloud computing.