- Honeycomb Projects: An Architectural Crime Problem. // Quintessence International;Dec1980, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p86
The article reports on the failure of the various security devices which were equipped in a certain building at honeycomb projects in Los Angeles, California in preventing crime in the vicinity of the said building. It notes that said devices generally do nothing but hamper police access into...
- Support Role for Winning VMS: It's the Camera. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2013, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p40
The article reports on several security cameras used at the Full Throttle Saloon in Sturgis, South Dakota to capture the real-life antics of the different events held at the area.
- Implementing an Electronic Security Camera Policy. // Bank Security Report;Jan2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p2
The article provides a sample for implementing an electronic security camera policy in banks. It details the purpose and scope of an electronic security camera policy. It also discusses the responsibilities of the bank security officer (BSO), the training needed when implementing an electronic...
- Is the Recession your Ticket to IP? McCourt, Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p34
The article discusses the sales growth of internet protocol (IP)-based security systems in the U.S. Jade Morris, chief executive officer (CEO) of QuickNets Communications, stresses that the increase of IP-based security systems and surveillance systems were driven by the continued efforts of its...
- Just Pixels, But A Lot More. Zalud, Bill // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p48
The article discusses the importance for corporate security officers (CSOs) to examine the right resolution for high-definition (HD) cameras. Jerry Garland, chief security officer for Magellan Health Services suggests the need for security leaders and CSOs to choose the right security camera...
- Megapixel Cameras Changing the Landscape of Surveillance. Elliott, David // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;May2010, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p54
The author discusses the impact of the megapixel cameras in the field of surveillance. He stresses the growing trends of high-definition television (HDTV) cameras in the mainstream surveillance systems due to its niche or one-off solution, image quality and more detailed view. Moreover, the...
- 7 Signs it's Time to Upgrade Your Video System. Mesenbrink, John // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 39 Issue 3/4, p16
Focuses on the modification of closed-circuit television (CCTV) system. Impact of security market growth on CCTV technology; Considerations in CCTV enhancement; Factors influencing preference for CCTV technology.
- Big Brother cares. Horne, Fiona Russell // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan2002, p3
Comments on the Data Protection Act 1998 concerning the use of closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems in Great Britain for security purposes. Provisions of the act regarding the privacy and respect of an individual; Factors to consider in implementing CCTV systems; Sanctions for unlawful use...
- Notes on CCTV. O'Mara, Deborah L. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug2000, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p39
Focuses on the scalability of closed-circuit television (CCTV) surveillance systems in the United States. Digitization of traditional security; Details on remote monitoring and control of CCTV; Advantages of digital video management and scalability; Impact of scalability on dealers and end-users.