Workplace Violence Prevention Revisited
- OSHA targets workplace violence at hospitals. // Hospital Employee Health;Nov2011, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p121
The article discusses a U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) directive to its inspectors on addressing incidents of workplace violence. It mentions that two high-profile enforcement actions in hospitals in Bangor, Maine and Danbury, Connecticut have further increased the...
- Workplace Violence. Winnett, Nickole C. // Rock Products;Mar2014, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p37
The article offers advice on how to prevent workplace violence as of March 2014. Topics discussed include ways to assess the risk of workplace violence, related data and regulations from the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and categories of workplace violence. Also...
- Reduce the Risk of Workplace Violence. TILDEN, KELLY // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2013, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p44
The article focuses on the directive issued by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) which gives agency procedures to investigate and respond on workplace violence complaints in credit unions. It says that the General Duty Clause of OSHA requires employers to implement...
- OSHA Moves to Enforce Workplace Violence Incidents in Healthcare. Winnett, Nickole C. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2015 Q3, p1
The article reports on the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) efforts to address workplace violence in the healthcare industry as July 2015. These efforts received a boost from an administrative law judge's decision affirming OSHA citations following an employee's death...
- OSHA announces violence prevention guidelines. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/01/96, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p17
No abstract available.
- Protecting against workplace violence. Barrett, Stephen // Public Management (00333611);Aug97, Vol. 79 Issue 8, p9
Discusses various aspects of workplace violence in the United States. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) categories of workplace violence; Strategies aimed to prevent workplace violence; Psychological trauma of violence.
- OSHA update: Here's some good news and some bad. Lawrence, Carolyn Z. // Las Vegas Business Press;09/23/96, Vol. 13 Issue 52, p16
Presents the guidelines proposed by the US Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for workplace violence prevention programs in night retail establishments. Installation of video surveillance systems; Deadline for comments on the guidelines; Ergonomics standards issued by the OSHA;...
- Industry should answer OSHA's call to be a part of the anti-violence solution. Doherty, James; Koteff, Ellen // Nation's Restaurant News;12/16/96, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p23
Editorial. Comments on the need for the restaurant industry to be part of the anti-violence solution of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Prevention of workplace violence at restaurants and other retail establishments open at night; Reasons why restaurateurs think they...
- Workplace violence: OSHA issues new guidelines. Okleshen, William // Health Facilities Management;Jul96, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p44
Reports on the guidelines issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration on workplace violence. Commitment and involvement of the management; Work site analysis; Hazard prevention and control.