Root Root for Security
- They won't be carrying Terrible Towels, either. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/25/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p19
The article reports that security employees of Tenable Protective Services Inc., who are staffing home Cleveland Browns games, are sporting new uniforms this season. The old uniforms, which were made up of yellow polo shirts and jackets, got too many complaints from Browns fans that the uniforms...
- Browns plan move to Baltimore next year. // Jet;11/27/95, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p47
Reports on the relocation plans of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore, Maryland, following the 1995 season. Terms of the agreement; Action of Cleveland Mayor Michael White to block the relocation of the football team.
- Cleveland sues its football team to block name transfer to Baltimore. // Jet;12/11/95, Vol. 89 Issue 5, p50
Reports on Cleveland, Ohio's filing of a suit in federal court contending that the `Browns' name has been associated with Cleveland rather than its current owners and can't be transferred. Protests on Cleveland Browns' decision to transfer to Baltimore, Maryland.
- Operators, residents seeing red over Browns' departure. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;12/11/95, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p3
Reports on the local public outrage in Cleveland, Ohio over the Browns' planned departure for Baltimore. Pullout of advertising support by operators; Petition drive aimed at undermining the move; City's lawsuits against the team for the departure.
- New Browns still have a lot to do. Herrick, Steve // Sporting News;09/21/98, Vol. 222 Issue 38, p38
Presents information on the football team, Cleveland Browns. Employees needed by the team; Time left for the Browns to prepare for the debut play; Person being considered as the team's coach.
- Just hours before the Cleveland Browns were. Hanson, Cynthia; McLaughlin, Abraham T. // Christian Science Monitor;11/7/95, Vol. 87 Issue 240, p2
Reports on an order by Cuyahoga County judge which blocked the transfer of Cleveland Browns to Baltimore, Maryland as on November 6, 1995.
- Steve Everitt is a pleasant change. Tucker, Brian // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/21/95, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p10
Comments on the demeanor of the players of the football team Cleveland Browns. Investment in free-agent receiver Andre Rison; Quarterback Eric Zeier; Center Steve Everitt; Everitt's devotion to fans.
- Statistical snapshot. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/28/95, Vol. 16 Issue 35, pS-6
Features football team Cleveland Browns' offensive players. Size, strength and speed of the offensive players; Passing game.
- From the sidelines: Masters of the match-up. Gleydura, Stephen // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/6/95, Vol. 16 Issue 45, pS-4
Focuses on the Cleveland Browns football team's game strategies. Personnel match-ups; Evaluation of players; Situational substitutions; Comments from Michael Lombardi, personnel director of the Browns.