Mass Notification's New Role
- A team effort. Dean, Alfred W.; Leaming, Marj P. // American School & University;Sep97, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p36
Focuses on the development of effective school safety programs to ensure a safe learning environment. Holistic approach; Use of metal detectors; Processes in the development of a safety program; Components of a good safety plan.
- Fire/Life Safety. Kennedy, Mike // American School & University;Apr2007, Vol. 79 Issue 9, p14
The article discusses ways colleges and universities can prevent fires from occurring in academic buildings and student housing. According to the National Association of State Fire Marshals Catastrophic Fire Prevention Task Force educational institutions could be making stronger efforts to curb...
- Be an IDIOT to Keep Events SAFE (And Do It NOW!). Grosso, Melissa // Campus Activities Programming;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p24
The article discusses the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater's initiative in formulating event safety standards guided by the principles of SAFE, IDIOT and NOW. It mentions that in any campus event, there is always the likelihood of an incident involving someone disruptive or potentially...
- University Campus Safety Based on the AHP-Fuzzy Evaluation. Wang Wei; Dai Guang long; Lv Chen // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 513-517, p4239
Aiming at the increasingly severe problem of University Campus Safety, this paper uses AHP based on the analysis and study of daily management of universities to establish five indexes as first criteria layer, which are school safety management, the management of counselor, the family factor,...
- The Connected Campus For Community Colleges. BUZZELLI, MARY ELLEN // Community College Week;3/4/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p10
The article provides insights on the connected campus concept for community colleges in the U.S. The concept transforms the way faculty and students teach and learn, resulting in operational excellence, unprecedented student and faculty engagement, and campus safety. It discusses the...
- PURPOSEFUL REDUNDANCY. // American School & University;Sep2009, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the importance of redundant communication channels in school emergencies. It states that campus administrators has been using several systems to inform students, school faculty and staff in case of emergency including sirens, text messages or e-mail, and outdoor voice...
- THE RUMBLER. Risch, Dan // Odyssey;Jan2012, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses the acoustics behind sirens.
- What happened to the warning sirens in Kyle? // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/26/2012, Vol. 110 Issue 39, p4C
The article focuses on the declining condition of warning sirens in Kyle, Texas.
- Crash course. Helmer, William J. // Texas Monthly;Apr94, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p64
Discusses the author's fascination with sirens. Correlation of a siren with disasters; Effects on author's interest in photography.