Americans are More Anxious About Security
- Metadata is key to preventing Wikileaks security breaches. // British Journal of Healthcare Computing & Information Management;Dec2010, p27
The article presents information and comments on how metadata can prevent Wikileaks security breaches. Yaki Faitelson, chief executive officer (CEO), president and co-founder of Varonis Systems, says that as organizations are becoming more collaborative, data is more widespread and vulnerable...
- WIRED. // Wired;Sep2014, Vol. 22 Issue 9, pC1
No abstract available.
- THE SC MAGAZINE POLL. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p15
A chart is presented that shows the results of a survey on the impact of the WikiLeaks revelation on the practices of companies to prevent data breaches.
- Data Leak, Critical Information Infrastructure and the Legal Options: What does Wikileaks teach us? Ghani Azmi, Ida Madieha Abdul; Zulhuda, Sonny; Wigati Jarot, Sigit Puspito // International Journal of Cyber-Security & Digital Forensics;Sep2012, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p226
The massive data leaks by Wikileaks suggest how fragile a national security is from the perspective of information system and network sustainability. What Wikileaks have done and achieved raises some causes of concern. How do we view such leaks? Are they an act of whistle-blowing or disclosure...
- Is Data Breach Fatigue Making Us Careless? Greengard, Samuel // Baseline;2014, p12
The article reports on a new survey conducted by information technology company Unisys Corp., which has revealed that despite endless series of headlines about data breaches and the news about retailer Target Corp., and the Heartbleed bug, there's been little concern among consumers. According...
- Security Risk Analysis. // Sudan Defence & Security Report;Q2 2012, Issue 2, p24
Two tables are presented that list the defence and security ratings of several Middle Eastern and African countries including Jordan, Kuwait and Israel and the state vulnerability to terrorism index of various Middle Eastern and North African countries including Iran, Syria and Egypt.
- Security Risk Ratings. // Kuwait Defence & Security Report;Q3 2012, Issue 3, p38
A chart is presented depicting the defence and security risk ratings of countries in the Middle East and Africa in 2012.
- Identity theft: what have we learnt? Binnion, Ray; Colby, James // Computer Weekly;8/25/2009, p8
The article focuses on the data thefts. The authors say that although there were significant advancement in innovation by the IT security industry, and in governmental and industry regulation, 2009 saw more data breach headlines than any previous year. They say that network visibility tools are...
- The New Crime Tipping Point. Dunkel, Dan // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p42
The article focuses on the rapid changing on the nature of crime as the security industry evolves in the U.S. It mentions the improvement of the physical security, with the integration of video analytics software and sensors, that helps in preventing the cyber crimes. Furthermore, the need for...