No Dodging Risk
- THE DAY THAT DAMNED THE DODGERS. Jenkins, Lee // Sports Illustrated;8/29/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 8, p50
The article discusses the violent assault on Bryan Stow, a fan of the San Francisco Giants baseball team, on March 31, 2011 in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, home field of the Los Angeles Dodgers, following a game between the two teams. Dodger fans Louie Sanchez and Marvin Norwood have been...
- Apology of the Week. // Newsweek;11/28/2011, Vol. 158 Issue 22, p18
The article presents a quotation from baseball team owner Frank McCourt in which he apologized to Los Angeles baseball fans.
- Tax Dodgers. Gluckman, Amy; Sturr, Chris // Dollars & Sense;May/Jun2010, Issue 288, p4
The article reports that Los Angeles Dodgers owners Frank and Jamie McCourt experienced financial losses for not paying taxes for their overall earnings of 108 million U.S. dollars from 2004 to 2009.
- The costliest American divorce settlements:. // New York;6/24/2013, Vol. 46 Issue 20, p11
A list of the costliest divorce settlements in the U.S. is presented, including businessman Frank McCourt and Jamie McCourt, National Basketball Association (NBA) Hall of Famer Michael Jordan and Juanita Jordan and actor Mel Gibson and Robyn Gibson.
- Unique Officer Challenges at Sports Events. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Feb2012, Vol. 49 Issue 2, p24
The article reports on the integration of some security measures and procedures for the National Football League season primarily aimed at screening football fans in anticipation of the event's evolving security recommendations.
- Reflection on Society: Sports. McCourt, Mark // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2012, Vol. 49 Issue 7, p10
The author reflects on sports which he believes also has politics and complexities similar to other business sectors. He cites the views of National Center for Spectators Sports Safety and Security (NCS) director Lou Marciani who believes that sport is a reflection of the positive and negative...
- Lou Marciani Recognized as 2016 SIA Insightful Practitioner. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Nov2016, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p22
The article announces that director Lou Marciani has received the 2016 SIA Insightful Practitioner Award from the Security Industry Association (SIA).
- Fun and Games. GOSS, BELINDA // Bicycling Australia;Nov/Dec2010, Issue 166, p178
The article offers the author's insights regarding her preparation the Commonwealth Games in Delhi, India, as well as the level of security of the event. The author says that they went to Aigle, Switzerland for their pre-competition training camp, in which the track is 200 meters (m) compared to...
- "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it anymore" Schulian, John // Sports Illustrated;2/9/2004, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p60
Focuses on the failure of Rupert Murdoch and the News Corp. to effectively run the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team. Ineptitude of the general manager; Loss of star players Mike Piazza and Gary Sheffield; Sale of the team to Boston real estate developer Frank McCourt; Prediction of future woes...