More than a Working Forest
- The Champion Lands. // New York State Conservationist;Aug2000, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p22
Shows a working forest conservation easement acquired by the state of New York from Champion International in December 1996. Size of the land; Location; Purpose.
- Land Conservancy Hits 1,000-Acre Mark. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;01/29/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p25
Reports the attainment of a 1,000-acre mark by the Land Conservancy in Michigan. Completion of projects by the Conservancy; Advantage of the conservation easement; Implementation of conservation easement restrictions.
- At Ease With Easements. Wall, Donna Dorian // Town & Country;Feb99, Vol. 153 Issue 5225, p38
Explains various aspects of the concept called easements according to the Virginia-based nonprofit Conservation Fund. Ability to lower estate and real-estate tax payments; Value of donating an easement to a nonprofit organization; Contact information.
- Working Forest Conservation Easements. Tesini, Dan // Urban Lawyer;Spring2009, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p359
The article presents information on Working Forest Conservation Easements (WFCE), an easement specifically designed to protect working forests in which the harvesting of timber and other forest products is sustained in perpetuity along with related conservation values. WFCEs address forest...
- EE for Forest Conservation: A Success Story. // Connect: UNESCO International Science, Technology & Environmenta;1999, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p18
Details the activity on conservation of the tropical forest conducted in the Volta region of Ghana.
- Brickbats and bouquets. Mayo, Annie // Wild: Australia's Wilderness Adventure Magazine;Oct-Dec99, Issue 74, p94
Reports on favorable and unfavorable events regarding conservation of environment. Logging of rare yellow tingle; Purchase of pastoral leases for the conservation reserve system.
- U.P. conservation easement a record. // Michigan Farmer (0026-2153);Feb2011, p45
The article reports on the Northern Great Lakes Forest Project which achieves a record-setting conservation easement totaling 247,806 acres of diverse forest communities lakes, streamlands, and wetlands in the Upper Peninsula, Michigan.
- Green India Mission. Kumar, P. J. Dilip // Economic & Political Weekly;1/30/2016, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p4
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Continuing the Forest Conservation Debate" by Sumana Datta in the January 23, 2016 issue.
- A REALLY Big Rezoning. Richert, Evan; Pinette, Agnieszka // Planning;Nov2010, Vol. 76 Issue 9, p21
The article offers information on the features of the approved plan and related rezoning of Plum Creek Maine Timberlands for Moosehead Lake region in Maine. It states that the concept plan approved by the Land Use Regulation Commission (LURC) highlights two conservation easements that...