- Geranium x monacense 'Muldoon' Hirshfeld, Mary // American Nurseryman;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 210 Issue 7, p54
The article offers information on Geranium x monacense, a hybrid plant of G. phaeum and G. reflexum. It mentions that G. x monacense displays a mound of foliage emphasized with dark, purple-black marks. It says that the plant has reflexed flower petals and has extended pistil and stamens, which...
- If I could have only 4 Dark Stars. Sinton, Nan // Horticulture;May2008, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p23
The article offers tips on growing plants with black foliage or flowers. A Geranium pratense variety called Midnight Reiter is a petite perennial that grows just six inches tall and twelve inches wide. It produces leaves that retain their deep purple color well into summer, setting off the...
- GERANIUMS DETER PESTS. // Organic Gardening (08973792);Mar89, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p14
Suggests that ordinary geranium leaves act as "sticky traps" that immobilize small insects, according to scientists at Pennsylvania State University's Pesticide Research Lab. Biochemist Dr. Ralph Mumma' study of how geraniums protect themselves from mites and aphids; Anacardic acid found in the...
- Geraniums. Fowler, S. // Country Living;Mar1989, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p54
Tells how to use geraniums to add scent and color to your home and garden. INSET: How to make your geraniums love you..
- Hardy geraniums. // Horticulture;Jul85, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p20
Geraniums are not showstoppers: a few have vivid colors, but their main strength lies in their ability to complement and tie together plantings as diverse as shrub borders and rock gardens. Kinds of geraniums are discussed and how and where to place them.
- Geranium morality. Clark, Edie // Yankee;Feb98, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p128
Opinion. Looks at the plant geranium. Information on where the plant's native place; Details on the time of year in which the plant springs; Indepth look at the variety of colors the geranium bloom in.
- The sentimental scenteds. Bullock, C. // Flower & Garden;May92, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p60
Explains how to grow scented geraniums. History of scented geraniums; Fragrance groups and their variations; Sizes; Small blooms; Advantages as container plants; Propagation; Care and growing conditions; Pests such as aphids and whiteflies.
- Popular scented geraniums. // Flower & Garden;May92, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p61
Describes the most popular varieties of scented geraniums. Rose-scented geraniums belonging to the group `Pelargonium graveolens'; `Attar of Roses' geranium; `Lady Plymouth,' a variegated variety of `Pelargonium graveolens'; Lemon-scented `Pelargonium crispum' varieties; Peppermint-scented...
- A bridge grows in Orange County. // Sunset;May95, Vol. 194 Issue 5, p160
Features the flowerboxes of geraniums that decorate the Goldenrod Bridge in Orange County, Corona del Mar, California. Efforts of Kathleen Sommer to restore the flowers on the footbridge; How to get there from the Pacific Coast Highway.