Camping Makes Dollar$ and Sense
- DEC won't open some campgrounds this summer. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 71, p2
The article announces that the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will not open some campgrounds in the summer of 2010 in Albany, New York.
- Family Camping. Biddell, Ellen // New York State Conservationist;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) campgrounds located in the Adirondack and Catskill Forest Preserves. Options available to families at the campgrounds are described, including swimming beaches, hiking and nature trails, canoe trips, and...
- Home away from Home. Bidell, Ellen; Scott, Brian // New York State Conservationist;Jun2009, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p6
The article looks at the appeal of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) campgrounds in the state of New York to campers. There are 52 public campgrounds throughout Adirondack and Catskill parks that are being managed by DEC. Among the outdoor recreation offered to campers are...
- EMPIRE STATE ADVENTURE Alger Island. Razzano, John // New York State Conservationist;Aug2006, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p4
This article provides information on Alger Island, a U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation campground and day-use area in New York. In the 18th century, it was known as Deer Island. It is the largest island in the Fulton Chain. Alger Island was the first overnight stopover for canoeists...
- ACCESS for ALL. Fraser, Carole; Verschoor, Karin // New York State Conservationist;Dec2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p26
This article looks at the improvements made by the Department of Environmental Conservation to its outdoor facilities in New York State as of December 2005. The concept of access to the outdoors has been changed by the combination of technology and an awareness of the needs and capabilities of...
- Wake up lakeside. KATAUSKAS, TED // Sunset;05/06/2011, pR8
The article offers brief information on campgrounds in U.S. western states including the Hawley Lake Campground, White Mountain Apache Indian Reservation in Arizona, Juniper Lake Campground, Lassen Volcanic National Park in California, and the Indian Creek Campground, Priest Lake State Park in...
- PERFECT CIRCUIT NEPAL. MACDONALD, DOUGALD // Backpacker;Nov2014, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p68
The article offers travel tips for Manaslu mountain in Nepal including the Budhi Gandaki bridge, the gompa monastery, and the Dharamsala campsite.
- Scenic Roads. Barylski, Michael // Conservationist;Sep/Oct89, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p16
Reports on and presents photographs of scenic roads in New York. Popularity of pleasure driving; Objectives and mechanics of the Scenic Roads program of the New York Department of Environmental Conservation; Identification of scenic byways; Protection of their scenic quality.
- History in the Hills. Ungar, Linda // Natural Life;Nov/Dec98, Issue 64, p1
Features the Sacred Ground Tipi Camps near Regina, Saskatchewan. Opening of the camp in August 1998; Background on the venture which was planned by Gord Lerat of the Cowessess First Nation in Saskatchewan; Contact information.