- DEC won't open some campgrounds this summer. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;3/24/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 71, p2
The article announces that the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) will not open some campgrounds in the summer of 2010 in Albany, New York.
- Home away from Home. Bidell, Ellen; Scott, Brian // New York State Conservationist;Jun2009, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p6
The article looks at the appeal of the Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) campgrounds in the state of New York to campers. There are 52 public campgrounds throughout Adirondack and Catskill parks that are being managed by DEC. Among the outdoor recreation offered to campers are...
- Camping Makes Dollar$ and Sense. Bernhard, Douglas; Tompkins, Jessica // New York State Conservationist;Jun2011, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p11
The article discusses the economic benefits of camping in the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's (DEC) public campgrounds for both vacationers and local business owners. Figures show that more than 1.6 million visitors go to the campgrounds located in the Adirondack and...
- EMPIRE STATE ADVENTURE Alger Island. Razzano, John // New York State Conservationist;Aug2006, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p4
This article provides information on Alger Island, a U.S. Department of Environmental Conservation campground and day-use area in New York. In the 18th century, it was known as Deer Island. It is the largest island in the Fulton Chain. Alger Island was the first overnight stopover for canoeists...
- ACCESS for ALL. Fraser, Carole; Verschoor, Karin // New York State Conservationist;Dec2005, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p26
This article looks at the improvements made by the Department of Environmental Conservation to its outdoor facilities in New York State as of December 2005. The concept of access to the outdoors has been changed by the combination of technology and an awareness of the needs and capabilities of...
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.
- Being green and being profitable: Environmental regulation in New York. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Comments on the changes implemented by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Appointment of Michael Zagata as commissioner; Downsizing of the workforce; Total quality management approach; Focus on innovation to solve environmental problems; Development of...