Shedding light on retractions
- Off beat Briefs. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/31/2008, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p10
The article offers world news briefs. The "Business Insurance" journal corrected some errors related to geographical agent and broker listing in the July 17, 2007 issue including incorrect information about Helsinki in Finland. Research shows that Americans and British people suffered more heart...
- When to retract? Smith, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/18/2003, Vol. 327 Issue 7420, p883
Discusses retraction by different publications when articles are found to have errors or be fraudulent. Situations when a publication should or should not retract; Examples where a publication has retracted articles, including the reasons why; Types of errors that can cause an article to be...
- Clarification: Legg Mason Using Thrift for Trust. // American Banker;6/13/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 113, p9
Presents a clarification to a page one article `American Express Will Offer Trust Nationwide,' published in the June 12, 2000 issue of the `American Banker' periodical.
- Corrections. // Orange County Business Journal;5/19/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 20, p3
A call for corrections published in the "Orange County Business Journal" is presented.
- Corrections. // Orange County Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 51, p3
The article encourages readers to inform the publication's editor if they found errors in the journal.
- Did we get it wrong? // Hub (Hay River, NT);2/13/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 50, p3
The article announces its commitment to acknowledge mistakes and run corrections in the journal "Hay River Hub" as soon as errors are spotted.
- Editor's Note. // Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology;Jun2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p133
Presents the editor's note that announces the production error of the research note, published in the September 2003 edition of the "Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology."
- Corrections. // Orange County Business Journal;10/20/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p3
The article urges readers in California to bring errors or errata published within the journal in previous issues to the attention of the editor, either in writing, by telephone through the number 949-833-8373, by fax machine through the number 949-833-8751 or by electronic mail to the address,...
- Corrections. // Orange County Business Journal;6/4/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p3
The article presents an announcement that urges the readers to send their comments regarding the errors in the journal. The readers are encouraged to bring errors to the attention of the editor. Several options are given in which the readers can send their comments, it may be in writing, through...