Opening the gates on US government data
- Government Releases Massive Trove of Data on Doctors' Prescribing Patterns. Ornstein, Charles // Pro Publica;Apr2015, p1
The article reports on the release by the U.S. government of data on doctors' prescribing patterns in response to investigation that Medicare is not monitoring dangerous prescribing by doctors to seniors and the disabled. Topics covered include the aim of the government to bring transparency to...
- Open Government = Open Access? Peek, Robin // Information Today;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p15
The author deals with the efforts of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to establish an open government. She states that the administration started asking for comments on its plans to allow public access of research funded by the federal government in December 2009. She cites that...
- Still under wraps. Vesely, Rebecca // Modern Healthcare;2/9/2009, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p6
The article focuses on the issue of transparency in health care claims in the U.S. The court case Consumers' Checkbook v. HHS is said to show the tension between the rights of consumers to know more about their providers and the rights of individual providers to privacy. The appeals court...
- A Secret Operation. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;8/11/2014, pA18
Orwellian: Another official in the "most transparent administration" claims to have lost emails sought by investigators, while dozens of government auditors complain that Obama officials repeatedly obstruct their probes.
- Feds ease gag order on spying. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;1/28/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the decision of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama in easing the gag order on spying by allowing Internet companies including Google Inc. to unveil information on the government's requests of data for surveillance purposes.
- OBAMA TRANSPARENCY RECORD MIXED. Bogardus, Kevin // Hill;9/9/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 99, p14
The article reports on the failure of U.S. President Barack Obama to fulfill his promise of transparency in the government based on the pronouncement of a coalition of journalists.
- The new transparency. Jason, Gary // Liberty (08941408);Nov2010, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p20
The article alleges that U.S. President Barack Obama again violated his promise of a transparent administration when he escaped mainstream media notice as he abolished the position of ethics czar that was supposed to push transparency in government.
- Our secret leviathan. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/26/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p14
The article discusses the importance of transparency in the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Say what? Obama has a let-me-be-clear problem. Youngman, Sam // Hill;5/25/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 72, p28
The article focuses on the unclear Middle East speech of U.S. President Barack Obama, which invite harsh criticism and questioning from his opponents and some Democrats in the U.S.