EM PULSE: Q1 2011 State Tax Revenue Gains
- The Mysterious Boost in State Tax Revenues. Carroll, Daniel // Economic Trends (07482922);Jul2011, p11
The article focuses on the mystery behind the increase in state tax revenues in the U.S. in 2010. It says that there is no clear reason as to what triggers the boost in state tax revenues, which grows by 6.8 percent in the fourth quarter. It states that such revenues come from personal income...
- How to cope with the AMT. // Consumer Reports Money Adviser;May2013, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p12
The article provides consumer advice about avoiding the alternative minimum tax (AMT), an income tax rate used to adjust for people who use multiple tax breaks to avoid paying higher taxes. It addresses the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012, establishing primary residences in states with...
- Book marketing's next chapter. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;4/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that book publishers will host a 36-hour Publishing Hackaton in New York that aims to inspire programmers, designers and entrepreneurs to develop an app, widget or website that will solve the riddle of how to expose potential book buyers to title they did not know they wanted.
- Directory of Syndicates. // Editor & Publisher;Jul2010, Vol. 143 Issue 7, p40
A directory of syndicates related to the publishing sector in the U.S. is presented.
- Publisher Directory. // Multicultural Review;Fall2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p91
A directory for publishing companies in the U.S. is presented including Beacon Press, Gotham Books, and Random House.
- PUBLICATIONS. // Franchising World;Oct2008, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p152
A directory of publishing companies in the U.S. is presented.
- REGIONAL TITLES LEAD IN NUMBER OF LAUNCHES CLOSURES IN FIRST HALF 2011. Botelho, Stefanie // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jul2011, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the launch of 138 food and regional interest sectors magazines by the publishing industry in the U.S., which lead the number of titles in the first half of 2011 as the industry continues to recover from the economic recession.
- In 2011, Magazine Launches Outpace Closures. BOTELHO, STEFANIE // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Nov2011, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the quarterly survey of Mediafinder.com indicating the increment in the number of magazines launched in the U.S. in the first nine months of 2011, dominated by titles under the food and regional interest categories.
- Simmons Analysis: Checking Up on Paperbacks. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2010, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p1
The article focuses on the sales of paperback books in the U.S. and notes that 9% of the adult population in 2009 bought an electronic book (e-book), 57.3% of adult book buyers bought at least one book, and the biggest group of buyers of paperbacks is the 1-5 group.