Career Colleges Get New (and Improved) Gainful Employment Regulations
- Driving American Economic Renewal. Howard, Muriel A. // New England Journal of Higher Education;Summer2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p28
The article reflects on the goal of the U.S. government under President Barack Obama to expand its economy, including the education system, amidst global recession. Requirements for economic renewal including expansion of post-secondary educational federal grant program and improvement of the...
- INCREASING COLLEGE AID. // Tennessee Tribune;11/11/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 45, p4A
In this article the author focuses on the increased of financial aid for college students through Pell Grants from the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama.
- Beneficiaries of Sallie Mae, Nelnet fight Obama's student-aid proposal. Alarkon, Walter // Hill;3/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p3
The article reports on the reaction of U.S. lawmakers over the U.S. President Barack Obama's budget proposal to eliminate government subsidies for the student loan industry.
- Student Debt Relief to Expand. Zibel, Alan // Banking Strategies Daily;6/10/2014, p1
The article offers information on the announcement of expansion of "Pay As You Earn" program by president of the U.S., Barack Obama for benefiting student by providing five million more Americans with federal student loans.
- White House Targets Servicer Practices in Student 'Bill of Rights'. Wilhelm, Colin // American Banker;3/11/2015, Vol. 180 Issue 37, p1
The article focuses on an initiative by U.S. President Barack Obama called a "student aid bill of rights" calling for the Department of Education to work on improving student loan servicing including a web site where borrowers can leave feedback on lenders, servicers and collection agencies.
- College Affordability. // ED Review;2/10/2012, p2
The article reports that the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama has reformed the student aid system, expanded grant aid and college tax credits to help students afford college. Obama has been calling on Congress to advance tax reforms that will address the college affordability...
- Keeping Student Loan Rates Low. Newman, Rick // U.S. News Digital Weekly;6/29/2012, Vol. 4 Issue 26, p7
The article reports on the plan of the administration of U.S. President Barack Obama to extend the interest rate on subsidized student loans. The 3.4 percent interest rate is planned to be extended instead of letting the rate return to its prior level of 6.8 percent on July 1, 2012. This plan is...
- Quote to Note. // ED Review;8/16/2013, p7
The article presents remarks by U.S President Barack Obama during the signing of the Bipartisan Student Loan Certainty Act of 2013.
- A Better Bargain for Students. Muñoz, Cecilia // Whitehouse Blog;2013, p18
A blog on the decision of U.S. President Barack Obama to sign into law the bipartisan student loan interest rate compromise, is presented.