MGH Education Invests in Technology, Reducing Profit
- CyberSmart! Internet Safety Program Launched. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Apr2002, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p9
Focuses on the launching of CyberSmart!, an educational technology program by McGraw-Hill Education in Houston, Texas. Availability of program to educators; Support to teachers and administrators in integrating technology resources; Website of the program.
- Education Publisher Launches Digital Learning Division. // T H E Journal;Sep2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p16
Reports the launching of a division for digital learning program by McGraw-Hill Education in New York, New York. Details on the digital education division; Significance of the division for technology initiatives of the company; Advantage of the program for technology teaching and learning.
- First-Half K-12 Market a Challenge Say Top Providers. // Electronic Education Report;8/10/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p1
The article focuses on the downturn of K-12 educational materials industry in the first half of 2009 due to the weakness in U.S. state budgets that resulted in the reduced adoption chance, according to publishers Pearson Inc. and McGraw-Hill Education. In the first-half marketing update, Pearson...
- McGraw-Hill Education Revenue Declines 5.3% in First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;5/11/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p3
No abstract available.
- Textbook Exports Declined 7.1% in 2009; Imports Down. // Educational Marketer;3/15/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on the import and export trend of U.S. textbooks in 2009. It notes the 7.1% decline of the value of textbooks exported from the U.S. and the 15.6% decrease of the total value of textbooks imported into the U.S. It also mentions the increase of imports from the United Arab...
- Publishers Plan for New Florida Adoption. // Educational Marketer;4/8/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p1
The article informs that 44 publishing companies plan to submit bids to Florida School of Education to adopt mathematics and language art programs for grades 6 to 12. It mentions newly adopted materials available for purchasing including K-5 mathematics, comprehensive core reading programs, and...
- MGH Launches Center for Digital Innovation. // Electronic Education Report;6/29/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p1
The article reports that McGraw-Hill Education has introduced its research and development hub Center for Digital Innovation in Bothell, Washington. It states that the Center aims to bring the same digital environment on elementary and secondary classrooms that the students experience outside...
- McGraw-Hill Ed's Q3 Down, K-12 Market Deteriorates. // Educational Marketer;11/ 9/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the revenue of McGraw-Hill Education which is about one billion dollars for the third quarter of 2010 in the U.S. It mentions that the revenue is down by 11.6 percent compared to same quarter in 2009. Harold McGraw III, chief executive officer (CEO) of the company, says...
- McGraw-Hill Expects Mid-Single-Digit K-12 Increase in 2010. // Educational Marketer;11/ 8/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that New York-based McGraw-Hill Education expects to take about 30% of the K-12 new textbook adoption market in 2010, succeeding the performance and improvement of the publisher in 2009. It mentions the company's increased spending in which chairman and president Harold...