In Erratic Market, Stress Is On Operating Performance
- Bigger is confusinger. McCormack, Thomas // Publishers Weekly;5/4/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p25
Criticizes the article `In Publishing, Bigger is Better,' by Porter Bibb that appeared in the `New York Times.' Solution for inefficiency in publishing cited from Bibb's article; Rebuttal of Bibb's proposition.
- Publishing Activities in Bulgaria - 2013: COSTS. // SeeNews Research & Profiles (Industry Profiles);2015, p14
The article analyzes the costs incurred by companies in the publishing industry in Bulgaria in 2013 including total annual expenses, total operating costs, and the top companies by size of costs such as Siela Norma AD, Presmarket EOOD, and NYU Media Grup AD.
- The Family Grows. // American Artist;Nov1963, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the expansion of Billboard Publishing Company of New York, including its acquisition of Watson-Guptill Publications, and publication of the magazines "American Artist," "High Fidelity," and Amusement Business."
- Marketing Head Details Book Publishing Costs. // School Library Journal;Jan81, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p18
Features the details of book publishing cost as explained by William A. Snyder, director of marketing for Pergamon Press. Discussion of how each dollar received for a book is spent; Profit of publishers from $1; Greatest expense of publishers.
- Australian can sue U.S. publisher. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;12/23/2002 Double Issue, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p21
Focuses on the increased potential liability of online publishers. Scope of filing law suits against online publishers; Details of law suit filed by businessman Joseph Gutnick against Dow Jones & Co.
- FOLIO: PLUS. Love, Barbara // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p9
Presents news items related to publishers and publishing in the United States as of June 2000. Growth of online publication companies; Business-to-business publishing companies' putting of circulators on the electronic commerce management team; Changes in the high-technology industries.
- Digital Rights: Puzzles and Practice. Bolick, Robert // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p43
Discusses the digital rights and digital products of publishers in the U.S. Definition of several electronic publishing products; Business model of digital publishing; Information on document delivery as an important rights licensing topic; Details of digital rights management.
- Electronic ESOP Report to be Available in April. // ESOP Report;Mar2009, p1
The article announces the electronic publication of the "ESOP Report" in April 2009.
- Transcriber's Notes. Oppenheim, E. Phillips // Traitors (Project Gutenberg Literary Archive Foundation);1/1/1903, p3
The article presents information on the minor changes have been made in the electronic publication of the journal.