Financial Briefs …
- Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Sees Brighter Side of 2009. // Educational Marketer;3/30/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the expansion and financial performance outlook for Boston, Massachusetts-based Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) Publishing Co. It notes that HMH will unveil the K-5 customized Singapore program, Math in Focus, which HMH is distributing under an exclusive agreement with...
- HMH Education Revenue Grows in First Quarter. // Educational Marketer;7/16/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 15, p5
The article reports on the business performance of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co.'s (HMH) Education Group as of July 2012 in the U.S. It states that the company generated a 2.8 percent increase in sales which amounted to 132.9 million dollars. It adds that HMH has recovered from a...
- HMH, Career Ed Buy & Sell. // Educational Marketer;11/4/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that publishing company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) has acquired Choice Solutions Inc., a provider of data analytics, integration solutions and professional services for state and district-level education systems. HMH is aiming to be an educational services provider. The...
- HMH Launches Go Math! Academy for Home Market. // Educational Marketer;11/4/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p6
The article reports that education company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. is making an at-home audience of parents and students for its Go Math! K-6 math program. Houghton is also preparing for its initial public offering of stock. Houghton's operating income gains of more than 30% in...
- Financial Briefs... // Educational Marketer;4/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p8
Reports on the financial performance of K-12 vocational and career education publisher Goodheart-Wilcox Co. in Tinley Park, Illinois. Percentage of the increase of sales; Increase of the sales in the first nine months of fiscal 2004; Impact of the state textbook adoptions on the sales.
- G-W Rides New Adoption Wave. // Educational Marketer;1/14/2013, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the increased revenue at vocational and career publisher Goodheart-Willcox Co. Inc. in the six-month period for the fiscal 2013, due to significant orders for new state adoptions in Tennessee, Georgia, and Indiana.
- Around the States ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;7/ 6/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 14, p8
The article reports on the adoption of the"Math in Focus: The Singapore Approach" by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. (HMH) at public schools in Fayette County, Kentucky.
- Publisher Launches Innovation Fund. Quillen, Ian // Education Week;9/22/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the publishing company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt's funding of $400 million aimed at innovation in education.
- FINANCIALS. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Jun2012, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p11
The article reports that Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. has filed a Chapter 11 financial restructuring plan with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York.