Flat World Knowledge Raises Funds, Increases Staff
- Flat World Knowledge Builds Bookbag of Digital Titles. // Educational Marketer;3/ 2/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the move of Flat World Knowledge Inc. (FWL) to expand its business operations in the U.S. It states that FWK, an online college textbook publisher, is adjusting its product offerings and building its textbooks to be released in the spring of 2009. It discusses the...
- How Flat World Knowledge is Transforming College Textbook Publishing. Shelstad, Jeff // Publishing Research Quarterly;Sep2011, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p254
An inside look at the disruptive business model and online publishing platform of Flat World Knowledge, a fast-growing publisher of college textbooks that are openly-licensed and available free online and in affordable print and digital formats.
- Is the End Near For Textbooks? // BizEd;May/Jun2012, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p72
The article focuses on the initiatives to produce low-cost or free digital textbooks. It states that Connexions, an open education platform based at Rice University in Houston, Texas plans to construct a free-online publisher-quality textbooks library for five of the most attended college...
- A textbook case of innovation. Gouveia, Georgette // Westchester County Business Journal;6/21/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 25, p2
The article reports that a novel approach to publishing is taken by Flat World Knowledge Inc. in Irvington, New York.
- State pension fund is key investor in Rockland online textbook company. Miller, Chris // Hudson Valley Business Journal;10/26/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 42, p26
The article reports on the factors that contribute to the growth of Flat World Knowledge Inc., a low-cost provider of alternatives to traditional high-priced college textbooks, located in Rockland County, New York. It states that the infusion of capital through the Infinity Private Equity...
- Venture capital deals see drop. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;8/5/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 51, p4
The article offers information on venture capital deals in the U.S. wherein deals dropped by 47% in Utah in the second quarter of 2013.
- Flat World Knowledge Pursues Free and Open College Textbooks. // Educational Marketer;7/21/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 15, p1
The article reports on the launch by Nyack, New York-based Flat World Knowledge Inc. of a beta testing of its free and open textbooks at 15 colleges and universities in the U.S. in the fall 2008 term. The move to create a sustainable business model based on free and open content was driven by...
- Flat World Advances Free Textbook Model. // Educational Marketer;7/19/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p1
The article discusses the move of publisher Flat World Knowledge Inc. (FWK) to transfer into bigger offices and to add 34 employees after launching its free open online textbook business for the higher education market in the U.S. FWK president and co-founder Eric Frank mentions the potential...
- FWK Forges Licensing Agreement; Interest in Licensing Spreads. // Educational Marketer;8/16/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p1
The article discusses the move of New York-based open online college textbook provider Flat World Knowledge Inc. (FWK) to make a licensing agreement with Virginia State University (VSU) for use of business textbooks starting in 2010. Under the agreement, VSU will acquire seat licenses for FWK's...