Deals Are Smaller, but M&A Activity in PreK-12 Education Sector Persists
- Partnerships & Acquisitions ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;5/23/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the definitive agreement that Nobel Learning Communities Inc. will be sold to private equity firm Leeds Equity Partners worth 146 million dollars in the U.S.
- Acquisitions & Partnerships ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the acquisition made by private elementary and middle school operator Nobel Learning Communities to preschool operator Enchanted Care Learning Center Inc. in the U.S.
- Nobel Rebuffs Knowledge Learning Bid. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/23/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the decision of private school operator Nobel Learning Communities to reject another offer from Knowledge Learning Corp. The offer involved a cash bid valued at 13.50 U.S. dollars per share or 141 million U.S. dollars. In a statement issued by Nobel, the offer was rejected...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Electronic Education Report;10/5/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p6
The article offers information on several acquisitions and partnerships in the U.S. educational technology industry in 2009. It states that K12 Inc. partners with Wrangell school district in Alaska to provide services for the Alaska Virtual Academy. It says that in September, Discovery Education...
- Nobel Learning Considers Downgraded Offer. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;3/16/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p7
The article reports on the bid by pre-school and supplemental academic programs provider Knowledge Learning Corp. to acquire Nobel Learning Communities for 13.50 dollars per share in cash in March 2009. It was noted that the bid was lower than what Knowledge Learning offered in September 2008....
- First quarter energy M&As show rebound for industry. TRONCHE, JOHN-LAURENT // Fort Worth Business Press;5/17/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 20, p19
The article reports on the strong merger and acquisition (M&A) activity for the business sector in the U.S. during the first three months of 2010, which is recorded as the second-highest dollar volume in the last couple of years.
- Partnerships & Acquisitions…. // Electronic Education Report;2/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the partnership between Education 2020, the provider of virtual school instruction for the elementary pupils and Penn Foster Education Group in Pennsylvania.
- M&A Snapshot. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p14
The article reports on the increase in the merger and acquisition (M&A) activity in the U.S. from 30.9% in the third quarter of 2011 to 43.6 % in the same quarter in 2012.
- Alkermes, Elan Unit to Merge. // Chain Drug Review;6/6/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p40
The article reports that a merger valued at about 960 million U.S. dollars will be made between Alkermes Inc. and Elan Drug Technologies Inc. (EDT) in the U.S.