Textbook Exports Up 25.5% in First Half Of 2008
- Errata. // TESL Canada Journal;Winter2004, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
The article presents corrections to various articles published in previous issues of the "TESL Canadian Journal." One of the corrections is in table of contents section of the Spring 2004 issue of this journal. Another correction is in the Winter 2003 issue of the journal.
- Before Love, Memory. HERNÁNDEZ, DAISY // Fourth Genre: Explorations in Nonfiction;Fall2012, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p1
An essay is presented that discusses the author's experiences as a Hispanic student in English language U.S. schools in New Jersey. Topics include her experience with English as a second language (ESL) instruction, her relationships with her Colombian aunts, and her experience working in the...
- Keeping the NNS customer happy, perhaps?: a response to Sandra McKay. Bruton, Anthony // ELT Journal: English Language Teaching Journal;Apr2004, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p183
This feature offers a chance for readers to contribute to discussion of a topic raised in an article or review published in the Journal. Contributions should be no more than 1,250 words and should be sent to the Editor for review in the normal way.
- Sharjah Chapter Report. Schmitt, T. Leo // Perspectives (TESOL Arabia);2008, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p48
The article reports on the activities of TESOL Arabia Sharjah Chapter in the United Arab Emirates in 2008. In spring, the chapter have had two events. At the first event, held on February 9, there were a number of publishers who displayed their latest textbooks. The second event that was held on...
- Contrasting Two Iranian ESP Textbooks Written by Field-specialist and EFL Experts. Nikou, Farahnaz Rimani; Tabatabaie, Mir Ayyoob // International Proceedings of Economics Development & Research;2011, Vol. 26, p367
With the growth of English for specific purposes (ESP), a large number of textbooks have been published for different areas of specialization by different publishers. Therefore, on the basis of the importance of textbooks as one of the elements in curriculum which will guarantee effective...
- The Middle East Books Market: a Personal Overview. Kennedy, Bill // Publishing Research Quarterly;Sep2010, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p187
concise review is presented of the essential elements of the book publishing and bookselling business in a complex and diverse market. Demographics create the diversity while Arabic is the one language spoken across a multitude of different countries. Three features are common to all of these...
- Pubcrawl: Penguin Targets Nonnative Readers. Fialkoff, Francine // Library Journal;7/1/2014, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p20
The article discusses PenguinStacks, a tool from publisher Penguin Group, which offers nonnative English speakers reading lists for their fluency level. Topics include how researchers at New York University (NYU) assessed the titles based on factors such as vocabulary, how the titles are split...
- Publisher's Response. Edwards, Martine // NECTFL Review;Jan2014, Issue 73, p84
The article presents the response of Cengage Learning to a review of the book it published called "Alliages culturels."
- Challenging Pedagogies: Engaging ESL students in intellectual quality. Hammond, Jenny // Australian Journal of Language & Literacy;Jun2008, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p101
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the article on intellectual challenge to students and another on ESL learning.