PreK-12 Market Feels Economic Pinch
- McGraw-Hill Upbeat on 2008; Industry K-12 Sales Slip in January. // Educational Marketer;3/31/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of publishing company McGraw-Hill Cos. in New York City. Harold McGraw III, company chairman, president, and chief executive officer (CEO), has projected increases in sales of the company by 4 to 5 percent. The CEO also stresses his concern that...
- McGraw-Hill Foresees Lower PreK-12 Growth. // Educational Marketer;9/29/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 19, p1
The article discusses the business growth projection of corporate chairman Harold McGraw III of McGraw-Hill Cos. for the PreK-12 textbook industry. Accordingly, McGraw believes that the PreK-12 market will experience a downward growth of four to five percent for the rest of 2008. He attributes...
- McGraw scion elevated. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the appointment of Harold McGraw as president and chief operating officer of the McGraw-Hill Inc. Predecessor.
- Re-education plan. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;12/14/98, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p1
Focuses on the contributions of Harold McGraw III to the McGraw-Hill Cos. Focus of Harold on cost-cutting and business growth; Stock price gains; Career history of Harold.
- Publishers Find Mixed Results in K-12 Sales in the First Six Months of 2006, Gains in College Market. // Educational Marketer;8/7/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of educational publishers in the U.S. in the first six months of 2006. Among the largest educational publishers to announce first-half financial results, Pearson Education Inc. is the pace-setter. Harold McGraw III, president and CEO of...
- Global Is Good for McGraw. Benjamin, Matthew; Bock, James // U.S. News & World Report;12/5/2005, Vol. 139 Issue 21, pEE8
The article profiles Harold McGraw III, the chairman and chief executive of the McGraw-Hill Companies. McGraw comments on the benefits of globalization and trade liberalization. McGraw-Hill publishes "BusinessWeek" magazine, but also sells books and rates bonds. McGraw-Hill's financial...
- WizeUp Digital Texts Head to Campuses. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 40, p48
Reports on WizeUp Digital Textbooks, a New York City-based company that offers digital editions of college textbooks. Approach used by the company in jumpstarting its sales; View of textbook publishers to the company; Information on the proprietary software developed by the company for students.
- McGraw-Hill Cuts 149 Jobs In Education, Mostly at CTB. // Educational Marketer;5/26/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p1
The article on the layoff of publishing company McGraw-Hill Cos. to lower costs and focus improve its investments in the U.S. Harold McGraw III, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the said company, has stated that the job cuts which occurred in financial services and education...
- Harold W. McGraw, Jr.: A CEO With a Training Mission. Galagan, Patricia A. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1990, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p36
Interviews former McGraw-Hill Co. chief executive Harold McGraw about his mission to make corporate America aware of the illiteracy problem in the United States and do something about it. McGraw's establishment of the Business Council for Effective Literacy in 1983; Signs that companies are...