McGraw-Hill Foresees Lower PreK-12 Growth
- PreK-12 Market Feels Economic Pinch. // Educational Marketer;10/13/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p1
The article presents the August 2008 net sales report for the PreK-12 basal textbooks and supplements from the Association of American Publishers. Accordingly, chairman Harold McGraw III of the McGraw-Hill Cos. has disclosed that net sales decline in almost every segment of educational books. It...
- 'Solid Year' Predicted for MHC Education Group. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/30/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 18, p14
Focuses on the prediction of McGraw-Hill Cos. chairman Terry McGraw on the education business of the company for the year 2001. Increase in the revenues of the company for the first quarter of 2001; Factors that contributed to the increase in revenues; Indicators of high sales of the company...
- McGraw scion elevated. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;8/2/93, Vol. 9 Issue 31, p26
Reports on the appointment of Harold McGraw as president and chief operating officer of the McGraw-Hill Inc. Predecessor.
- Re-education plan. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;12/14/98, Vol. 14 Issue 50, p1
Focuses on the contributions of Harold McGraw III to the McGraw-Hill Cos. Focus of Harold on cost-cutting and business growth; Stock price gains; Career history of Harold.
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;6/25/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p8
The article reports on the decision of school districts in Kirkwood, Missouri to allocate $72,000 for K-8 music textbooks and materials as reported by the "Educational Marketer." The school districts agreed that they will include the book series "Spotlight on Music," published by McGraw-Hill...
- WizeUp Digital Texts Head to Campuses. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/2/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 40, p48
Reports on WizeUp Digital Textbooks, a New York City-based company that offers digital editions of college textbooks. Approach used by the company in jumpstarting its sales; View of textbook publishers to the company; Information on the proprietary software developed by the company for students.
- Market Dynamics of 2003 Will Continue To Shape K-12 & College Industries in a Challenging 2004. // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
Presents forecasts for the U.S. educational publishing industry for 2004. Forecast for college publishing; Budget cuts for textbook purchases in Texas; Efforts of the federal government to make teaching methodologies and materials effective at improving student performance; Reorganization of...
- McGraw-Hill Cuts 149 Jobs In Education, Mostly at CTB. // Educational Marketer;5/26/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p1
The article on the layoff of publishing company McGraw-Hill Cos. to lower costs and focus improve its investments in the U.S. Harold McGraw III, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the said company, has stated that the job cuts which occurred in financial services and education...
- Harold W. McGraw, Jr.: A CEO With a Training Mission. Galagan, Patricia A. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1990, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p36
Interviews former McGraw-Hill Co. chief executive Harold McGraw about his mission to make corporate America aware of the illiteracy problem in the United States and do something about it. McGraw's establishment of the Business Council for Effective Literacy in 1983; Signs that companies are...