EM PULSE: First-Half 2008 PreK-12 Instructional Materials Sales
- PreK-12 Sales Decline 12.4% in March; Still up YTD. // Educational Marketer;6/ 7/2010, Vol. 41 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the decline of sales momentum in PreK-12 instructional materials in March 2010 with sales of basal textbook and supplemental materials down 12.4% to 123.8-million-dollar compared to March 2009 in the U.S.
- Third-Quarter Results Mixed in Challenging Market. // Electronic Education Report;11/1/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p1
The article focuses on the financial results of educational material providers Renaissance Learning Inc., Scientific Learning Corp. and Pearson PLC for the third quarter of 2010. It states that Renaissance had a 2.7 % increase in sales of up to 32.6 million dollars. It relates that sales of...
- Science Drives School Specialty Revenue Up. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of Greenville, Wisconsin-based PreK-12 educational publisher School Specialty Inc., in the educational publishing industry in the U.S. It mentions that the increase in science adoption sales contributed in the revenue increase of School Specialty,...
- College IM Sales Grow Little in August. // Educational Marketer;11/7/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 22, p4
The article reports on the continuous struggle of college publishers on the year-to date net sales of textbooks which stayed in the negative side in the U.S. It notes a 3.7% to 2.93 million net sales declination through August, which publishers cite the slow enrollment as the main factor. A...
- HM Harcourt Leads EM PreK-12 Publisher Index. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the financial performance of the PreK-12 educational materials industry in the U.S. from 2006-2008. It mentions that Boston, Massachusetts-based publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Co. generated 2.27 billion dollars in revenue since its establishment in 2007,...
- News Briefs ï¿½. // Educational Marketer;5/25/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p8
No abstract available.
- AAP Reports High School Sales Leap, Elementary Sales Climb More Slowly. // Educational Marketer;05/21/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p3
Provides information on the sales status of high school instructional material in March 2001, according to the American Association of Publishers' Monthly Domestic Sales Report.
- Higher Returns Decrease College Instructional Sales, AAP Reports. // Educational Marketer;05/21/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p7
Provides information on the sales status of college instructional materials in March 2001, according to the monthly sales report of the Association of American Publishers.
- U.S. College Net Sales Hit April Slump; Sales Up, Returns, Too. // Educational Marketer;06/18/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p7
Reports on the sales of college textbooks and instructional materials in the United States in April 2001, according to the Association of American Publishers.