News Briefs ï¿½
- EDUCATORS LOOK TO BLENDED MATH PROGRAM WITH CAUTION, OPTIMISM. Quillen, Ian // Education Week;1/29/2014 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 19, pS30
The article presents discussion regarding the adoption of blended learning methods for teaching mathematics in the United States as of 2014. The Cognitive Tutor Algebra I curriculum designed by Carnegie Learning is highlighted as a successful representative of the teaching style through a...
- Improve High School Students' Writing Skills. // T H E Journal;Feb2001, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p47
Features the Cognitive Tutor for Writers, a computer-based writing tutor from Carnegie Learning Inc. in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Creation of customized writing assignments; Features designed to foster enthusiasm and confidence; Development of analytical reasoning skills and overall writing...
- Evaluating bound-constrained minimization software. Birgin, Ernesto; Gentil, Jan // Computational Optimization & Applications;Oct2012, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p347
Bound-constrained minimization is a subject of active research. To assess the performance of existent solvers, numerical evaluations and comparisons are carried on. Arbitrary decisions that may have a crucial effect on the conclusions of numerical experiments are highlighted in the present work....
- USING IRRLICHT ENGINE TO CREATE A REAL-TIME APPLICATION. POKORNY, Pavel // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2009, p1167
Today, a computer programmer is a very lucrative business. Its work requires expert knowledge and high efforts. Therefore is programmers work exacting and it is too well paid. Simultaneously, it is on the look for a way to simplify and accelerate programmers work. Libraries and software engines...
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;10/19/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 20, p7
The article offers news briefs related to online education in the U.S. including the contract between Mississippi Alliance for Gaining New Opportunities through Library Information Access and World Book Inc. to give public K-12 students access to online suite of reference tools, sales increase...
- Carnegie Learning Moves Into Higher Education Space. // Educational Marketer;11/12/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p7
The article reviews the database management software program for pre-algebra and algebra from Carnegie Learning Inc.
- Carnegie Learning Revamps For Profitability, Finds New Funding. // Educational Marketer;11/12/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p5
Reports that Carnegie Learning, a Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based provider of educational products, has closed its second round of funding and will adopt a new sales strategy, as of November 2001.
- Peopleï¿½. // Electronic Education Report;1/13/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that Carnegie Learning Inc., a mathematics curriculum provider, has named Betty Barnes to head the company's sales objectives in the eastern U.S.
- A NEW APPROACH. // Smart Business Pittsburgh;Jul2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, ps14
The article focuses on the business strategy of Dennis Ciccone, chief executive officer (CEO) of Carnegie Learning Inc., which has contributed the success of the said company in the U.S.