E-Learning Platform Growth
- Blackboard, eCollege Begin 2007 With Growth. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p7
The article reports on the financial performance of electronic-learning infrastructure software providers Blackboard Inc. and eCollege Co. in the U.S. from January to March 2007. Both companies accounted a favorable revenue with 46.6 percent to $55.3 million and 23.2 percent to $14.8 million for...
- Blackboard, eCollege Grow Revenue in Q1, but Blackboard Breaks Margin Trends with Op. Loss. // Educational Marketer;6/5/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the financial performances of two companies, course management provider Blackboard Inc. and teaching platform provider eCollege.Com Inc., in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2006. Blackboard's revenue increased to 37.7 million dollars, up 21.9 percent from the same period...
- What Went Wrong With eCollege's Cup-With-Handle Base? DONALD H. GOLD // Investors Business Daily;11/ 7/2013, pB01
Sometimes you see a stock's base a complete failure, but only close scrutiny would expose that pattern's singular flaw. Then you have stocks like eCollege.com, which built a base that cried out, "Escape while you can!"
- Overcoming Student Retention Issues in Higher Education Online Programs. Heyman, Errin // Distance Education Report;2/15/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the qualitative study to overcome retention issues encountered in students in the higher education online programs in the U.S.
- Online Learning Comes Of Age. Garrett, Richard // Distance Education Report;3/1/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the inclusion of the confirmation that online higher education has paid its dues in the distance learning data in the federal government's Integrated Postseason Education Data System (IPEDS) database in the U.S.
- Pearson Invests Online, Acquires eCollege. // Educational Marketer;5/28/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p1
The article reports that educational publishing company Pearson Education Inc. has agreed to acquire the electronic learning division of eCollege.com Inc. for $477 million in the third quarter of 2007. Pearson hopes the acquisition will enable both companies to offer a broad range of services to...
- NEGOTIATING THE MINE FIELD. Burnette, Diane M. // Quarterly Review of Distance Education;2015, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p13
The article focuses on a research study which analysed the role played by online education administrative leaders in negotiateing various political challenges with their students, promoting study skills and building a better relationship with their students. It reports that higher education in...
- Blackboard Partners with Quality Matters. // Distance Education Report;8/15/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p6
The article offers news brief related to distance education in Europe. It mentions the partnership between Blackboard Inc. and non-profit organization The Quality Mattersï¿½ aimed at equipping educational institutions and educators with tools for online instructions. It cites Melds 2 of...
- Around the States ... // Educational Marketer;11/5/2012, Vol. 44 Issue 22, p8
The article reports that the Department of Education in Maryland has chosen Blackboard Learn in Washington D.C. as the learning management system to deliver online courses and professional development for 60,000 teachers in the state.