Around the States ï¿½
- Florida Board Approves Budget Request, Looks Ahead. // Community College Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the passage of a budget request by Florida's Board of Education to Governor Jeb Bush. Objectives of the board; Information on increase in tuition fees at state universities; Comments from board chairman Phil Handy; Concern of state Senator Les Miller, D.-Tampa on the budget request.
- Stone Mountain system awarded for excellence in education. Avallone, Susan // Library Journal;8/1/1987, Vol. 112 Issue 13, p15
Reports on the award of the Stone Mountain Regional Library System from the Georgia State Board of Education. Achievements of Stone Mountain.
- Florida State Board of Education Approves Science Standards and "Scientific Theory of Evolution". // NSTA Express;2/25/2008, p1
The article reports that Florida's State Board of Education voted 4 to 3 to approve the new science standards that include the term scientific theory of evolution, the first time the word evolution has been included in the state standards. The state's current standards require the teaching of...
- Florida Plans Market Trips as Lawmakers Deal With Shortfall. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p44
Reports that the Florida Board of Education is planning to sell more than $500 million of new money and refunding public education and capital outlay bonds through the state's Division of Bond Finance. Details of bond issues designed to increase jobs across Florida; Need for reduction in the...
- Around the Statesï¿½. // Educational Marketer;3/3/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the 2008 decision of the Florida Board of Education to adopt new state science standards which require schools to teach the theory of evolution.
- Florida Pushes Digital in IM Adoptions. // Educational Marketer;1/31/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the campaign of the Florida state Board of Education to reform its instructional materials adoption process giving emphasis on digital materials in which all instructional materials are required to be digital in content by 2014 to 1015.
- Florida Sells $200M of Education Debt, OKs $400M More. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/9/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32856, p30
Reports on the approval of the Florida state cabinet to allow the Florida Board of Education to sell an additional $400 million of debt for new public school and college projects in the state. Value of credit bonds accepted by the state Division of Bond Finance on behalf of the education board;...
- Munis Mixed, Treasuries Volatile; Florida Board of Ed Sells $278M. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;1/31/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31564, p2
Reports on the addition of municipal bonds with Treasury market trading. Lead of Florida State Board of Education for its issues in the market; Status of the municipal market according to government; Deal of Merrill Lynch & Co. to purchase Florida public education capital outlay bond;...
- Search for Florida Commissioner Narrowed to Three Candidates. A. P. // Education Week;9/26/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on Florida's Board of Education search for a state education commissioner. As of September 2007, the three finalists are Cheri Pierson Yecke, Eric J. Smith, and Joseph Marinelli, all of whom have experience in educational leadership. Board of Education Chairman Willard Fair...